• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Wilshere should probably be the one to miss out. After going through periods of playing very well and very badly his form has settled down to a level just below the standard of Rosicky, Cazorla, Ox and Ozil.

Arteta was your worst player on Saturday, which took some doing, but with Flamini out he still has to play.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And I swear outside of Old Trafford only The Vatican has more crosses.
One of the Fulham lads (Burn?) reckoned it was like playing back in the Conference. He'd have probably been better keeping that particular thought to himself though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a win, Adrian again in goal was superb. Hope we can tie him down to a long term contract because no doubt the big clubs will come a knocking.

Great run of the results now, best in 7 years apparently, so hopefully can keep it up against Southampton at the weekend. Pretty big show of faith that the team can be 6 points from 6 without Andy Carroll and all the drama that surrounded it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Tenth now. Can't afford to blink if you're following the bottom half. Four points above 17th, 22 behind 4th.
West Ham have the second best goal difference in the bottom half which is worth a point and the back four along with Adrian are just so good at the moment. Feeling a lot more confident that we should avoid the drop now. Famous last words though.....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Looks like BFS has dragged them out of a situation he put them in. Still the style of football is non-existent. Happy for Mark Noble though, the guy is actually quite a silky passer of the ball, amidst the dross. Hope he gets a transfer to a team that plays football.

Anyway, would be mildly amusing to see the Arse go top tomorrow mainly because of the way Talksport have totally written them off after Saturday. It is Chelsea's problem though not putting teams away.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The best thing is we probably only dropped one point at Anfield whereas City and Chelsea have dropped two in the last few days.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, Looks like BFS has dragged them out of a situation he put them in. Still the style of football is non-existent. Happy for Mark Noble though, the guy is actually quite a silky passer of the ball, amidst the dross. Hope he gets a transfer to a team that plays football.
Hard to disagree with you there. For all the criticism leveled at Big Sam, he is effective at setting a team up and making them hard to break down as having the most number of clean sheets in the league shows.

Hope we manage to hang onto Noble though, he's the heart and soul of the club and I imagine will be our next captain. I think it would take a very good offer for him to move given his love for the club.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anyway, would be mildly amusing to see the Arse go top tomorrow mainly because of the way Talksport have totally written them off after Saturday. It is Chelsea's problem though not putting teams away.
See this is the thing that virtually none of the "experts" have taken into account - bar the opening day disaster and a defeat at Old Trafford, Arsenal have been excellent against the dross of the league. Whereas both City and Chelsea have constantly thrown away points against teams they really ought to be beating.

With the league being the way it is, Arsenal don't need to win the "big" games, they just need to keep dispatching the dross.

Uppercut

See this is the thing that virtually none of the "experts" have taken into account - bar the opening day disaster and a defeat at Old Trafford, Arsenal have been excellent against the dross of the league. Whereas both City and Chelsea have constantly thrown away points against teams they really ought to be beating.

With the league being the way it is, Arsenal don't need to win the "big" games, they just need to keep dispatching the dross.
Not sure if this would add up given your fixture list. You'd at least have to win games like tonight and Spurs+Everton away. Games where you're favourites but not odds-on.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Over my head sorry man. Why are you annoyed? I'm stoked.
Well normally Chelsea dropping points is a good thing obviously but we're not going to win the league and as for who does win it, it's anyone but Liverpool (and preferably not City either but I'd rather them than Liverpool). So I'm in the position of being annoyed at Chelsea dropping points to West Brom for the first time ever.

Uppercut

Have to say I really fancy Arsenal at 5/4 tonight. United might find form eventually but the bookies seem far too confident that they'll find it tonight. Might even take them -1 goal.

United have a good record against Arsenal but I don't think that outweighs the gap in quality this season. Strikes me as the type of game where the build-up has a bunch of silly stories about "Arsenal choking again" or "can United bounce back", then the match begins and the team that has been obviously far better all season wins comfortably.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

They've stopped doing it as much as early doors though. That and Arsenal not playing as well as they were September/October time is what worries me.

Eds

International Debutant
I've got a real feeling United will win. There's absolutely no logic to it though. So I'm obviously going to bet on it.

Meanwhile, Pothas, Teixeira's made it onto our bench tonight. Rodgers reckons he's our best non-first teamer.