• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was so overwhelming today that you could not fail to notice it. Guardian mbm is quite a fun read.

grecian

It's a very odd situation with ManU, never been anything like it really. United supporters just don't seem to know how to act as normal Football people. a lot of them have had Fergie all their lives, and lets face it even the older ones have to remember back a long time before that.

So they seem to shout down anyone that criticizes Moyes with screams of "you're not a loyal supporter!!!!". Presumably because that was always the way they've dealt with criticism of Fergie, and they've been proved right.

Yet you don't owe Moyes any ****ing loyalty, he owes you results, competency and performances. Ferguson has built you into a behemoth, churning out money and trophies. It's nothing to do with Moyes. If you'd appointed Steve Claridge would you still demand loyalty. It's blind, foolhardy, moronic and stubborn to keep on thinking Moyes is remotely up for the job.

Yet above all it's ****ing hilarious:laugh:

grecian

Would have been funny if United had appointed Steve Claridge tbf
I was trying to think which failed manager to put there really, at first I thought your fave manager, but then I reckoned he's one who wouldn't get much loyalty for obvious 'pool reasons.

Oh FFS this Betfair advert telling you to take the money when the team you backed are 2-1 up is just taking the piss:@

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not that I'm defending the inept buffoon, but well the situation he was thrust into with us was a hell of a lot more difficult than what Moyes has faced. The best players left, the budget slashed. And he never had us behind him because a hugely popular TRFC man had been sacked after overachieving with us to make way for him.

Could make a case for Moyes doing a worse job than Barnes.

Pothas

Claridge managed to get sacked before the start of the season didn't he?

In entierly unrelated news Messi is back.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a very odd situation with ManU, never been anything like it really. United supporters just don't seem to know how to act as normal Football people. a lot of them have had Fergie all their lives, and lets face it even the older ones have to remember back a long time before that.

So they seem to shout down anyone that criticizes Moyes with screams of "you're not a loyal supporter!!!!". Presumably because that was always the way they've dealt with criticism of Fergie, and they've been proved right.

Yet you don't owe Moyes any ****ing loyalty, he owes you results, competency and performances. Ferguson has built you into a behemoth, churning out money and trophies. It's nothing to do with Moyes. If you'd appointed Steve Claridge would you still demand loyalty. It's blind, foolhardy, moronic and stubborn to keep on thinking Moyes is remotely up for the job.

Yet above all it's ****ing hilarious:laugh:
Ferguson had the small matter of 3 league titles and a European trophy at Aberdeen behind him when he came to Manchester United. Moyes managed to finish 4th once.

grecian

Ferguson had the small matter of 3 league titles and a European trophy at Aberdeen behind him when he came to Manchester United. Moyes managed to finish 4th once.
Oh, I know. Fergie also did well with St Mirren. I'm actually not talking about Man U when he took over, most of these supporters can't remember that. United were a bit were a bit rubbish then, with a drinkers culture that needed to be changed. I'm saying they seem to obsess over the times later that Taggart was struggling but then turned it around. Yet as I said he'd earnt that loyalty by then Moyes has not. I also can't remember United having a season like this even in transition, after the initial groundwork had been done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have they already lost more league games this season than any other premier league campaign?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nope. 9 defeats in 2001/02 and 2003/04.
So, maybe if they lose one more game this season, the team that won the Premiership in those years will do so again this time around...

Fate imo.

Also, Mesut Ozil. Much as I love him. He needs to get his bloody finger out.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Walcott's injury was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Özil. With Germany he's sorrounded by direct players like Reus and Müller, at Real he had Ronaldo.

Arsenal have plenty of technically gifted players but few who are really direct who'd really thrive on Özil's movement and passing. Ramsay this season is another one who's been badly missed.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that I'm defending the inept buffoon, but well the situation he was thrust into with us was a hell of a lot more difficult than what Moyes has faced. The best players left, the budget slashed. And he never had us behind him because a hugely popular TRFC man had been sacked after overachieving with us to make way for him.

Could make a case for Moyes doing a worse job than Barnes.
I was thinking: of all managers that have taken over at the start of a Premiership season, which one has dropped the most points on the previous campaign? I think Moyes must surely be well on course to break the record, despite having spent £65m and had Januzaj come through. If they do sack him this season, as they should, he has a very good case to be the worst managerial appointment of the past 20 years.

Major blot for Fergie too. He makes one poor decision and 25 years of work disappears in the space of six months.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Start Podolski and/or Rosicky in midweek pls
Not seen it but Neville apparently did a very convincing bit on Monday about how crap Podolski's movement is these days. Furball's spot on about Ozil missing Walcott but not sure Podolski is the one you want.

Ozil is basically your Kagawa. I reckon both of them were made to look better than they were by being the centrepiece of teams full of hard, direct runners. Not that I don't rate them, but there was talk that Madrid swapping him for Bale was a downgrade, which was just comical.

Last edited:

Jarquis

It's not crap, it's predictable but it's not crap. He's the most natural finisher we have in the squad though and with Walcott injured and Giroud shunting it up we need a goal threat.

Pothas

Bendtner.

Is Gnabry fit? Has looked really good whenever I have seen him, think he should play more.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Stopped myself from posting on Saturday night, because it was just going to be gloating tripe.

Get in.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's not crap, it's predictable but it's not crap. He's the most natural finisher we have in the squad though and with Walcott injured and Giroud shunting it up we need a goal threat.
:laugh:

What a phrase. Definitely using that in future.

Ozil I'm sure will come good again. He's just going through that period that plenty of imports experience; struggling to get back into form after really hitting the ground running early on. Not unduly worried, but it's very frustrating considering he is a bona fide world class player.

Would love it if Bentdner scores the winner on Weds though. Preferably at the right end.