• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Flem274*

123/5
aussies having trouble with our pace unsurprisingly
I can't get over how hilarious Mitch M's post injury bowling has been. The guy who idiots demanded make the test team with a batting average for a bowling average 5 years ago because he was supposedly lightning fast is now taking bucketloads as a straight up medium pacer who gets bounce and movement.

He's going to get back to the 135-145 range eventually but this is fantastic. He deserves credit too because the old Mitch M of 5 years ago would be getting pumped without his pace.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I can't get over how hilarious Mitch M's post injury bowling has been. The guy who idiots demanded make the test team with a batting average for a bowling average 5 years ago because he was supposedly lightning fast is now taking bucketloads as a straight up medium pacer who gets bounce and movement.

He's going to get back to the 135-145 range eventually but this is fantastic. He deserves credit too because the old Mitch M of 5 years ago would be getting pumped without his pace.
I genuinely wonder what batsmen think when they face him and then look at the speed gun

Flem274*

123/5
I genuinely wonder what batsmen think when they face him and then look at the speed gun
When he bowls it looks like the ball accelerates off the pitch, though thats just the naked eye and not very scientific. I think I said something on his debut that he was bowling 135ks and it looked like 145ks.

There are a few bowlers like that. I reckon if we were able to go back in time and clock some bowlers there would be a few "genuine quicks" who were actually 130s.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Wade was meant to be a good batsman? Mills wasn't really getting much movement there - just pitching it in the right place.