• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wont make jack difference for us if Wagner is still there to ruin the shine
It's weird that Wagner is also known for his ability to get the old ball to reverse - so he's completely reliant on the rest of his team's bowlers to get one side shiny and one rough then?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good over from Broad.

Better bowling all round from England.
There's still something there in the pitch that can be exploited when the ball is just a touch fuller, as Broad was to pass the edge vs McCullum once that over and Anderson did earlier to get Williamson's wicket.

Unfortunately I can see our bowlers bowling just a little short like the English bowlers.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's still something there in the pitch that can be exploited when the ball is just a touch fuller, as Broad was to pass the edge vs McCullum once that over and Anderson did earlier to get Williamson's wicket.
funny listening to the commentator

"That one deviated less than the one that got KW yet it managed to go past the outside edge wtf I don't understand help me Ian Smith"

because it was shorter you nitwit...

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
It's weird that Wagner is also known for his ability to get the old ball to reverse - so he's completely reliant on the rest of his team's bowlers to get one side shiny and one rough then?
Good point, but so far in international cricket he has really only produced one spell of reverse swing (the one in Wellington) and he only started getting reverse past the 70th over (although it was significant), while Anderson was starting to get some by the 30th over in the other innings. There are just so many factors in reverse swing though, its hard to know for sure the reasons for each particular case

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
funny listening to the commentator

"That one deviated less than the one that got KW yet it managed to go past the outside edge wtf I don't understand help me Ian Smith"

because it was shorter you nitwit...
Mmm yeah it was quite a lot shorter from Broad on second viewing.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We shouldn't be declaring shy of 500 and that should have been achievable with 10ish overs left in the day. Needless to say we're not on track to make this.

Flem274*

123/5
Might have been worth sending Southee in ahead of Watling for a bit of a swing. If he gets a 30 (15) even it's still injects some impulsion into the innings and removes the pressure from Brownlie to up the ante for a few more minutes.

I also think we should declare at 400 - 450 all going well, and if we bowl them out have a quick bat to rest the bowlers. Bowling for three days doesn't appeal.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair-play Trott, deserved it. England would have settled for McCullum getting just 38 at the start of the day given the form he's been in.

NZ should still get another 80-100 if they play their natural game without being wreckless, but chances of 500+ are now slim.