• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DRS is supposedly about making the right decision. I don't give a **** if he was out one way or another way, if DRS shows he was out, he's out FFS. Everything else is just parochial nonsense.

Jezroy

State Captain
I'd really like them to clarify that rule now because assuming Reiffel initially said it was LBW and then was some bat on hotspot, could they have given it out caught?
From the ICC manual

When reviewing the TV replay(s), if the third umpire believes that the
batsman may instead be out by any other mode of dismissal, beyond
that initially consulted upon, he shall initiate the process described in
paragraph 3.3 below as if the batsman has been given not out.

In particular, in reviewing a dismissal, if the third umpire believes that the batsman
may instead be out by any other mode of dismissal, he shall advise the
on-field umpire accordingly

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, Fulton's dismissal in particular was entirely unnecessary. Wouldn't mind if we were 3 down at lunch, but that extra wicket has really let England back in with a chance to keep the score under 400.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
3 wickets. not quite the complete NZ collapse.

I still think we want to get to 500 to really dictate. Going to be difficult but it's what we need.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DRS is supposedly about making the right decision. I don't give a **** if he was out one way or another way, if DRS shows he was out, he's out FFS. Everything else is just parochial nonsense.
I've no problem with that on the proviso they make the ruling clear to all concerned and follow it consistently.

In the 4-5 years I've seen DRS in action, I can't recall another instance where they've checked for more than one mode and I think it's the lack of clarity them that irks most.
It's a bit like the confusion around Steve Finn knocking the stumps over and whether there was one warning for the individual series or the whole tour.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Last month. Kallis was given out caught, referred it, then was given out LBW.
It wasn't clear whether he was originally given out caught or LBW though.

Either way I'm fine with it as long as the correct decision is made and the umpire's call proviso remains.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I stand corrected.

I hope they allow for this in the future because often an umpire might make the logical decision:

"If he didn't hit it, he's out LBW"
"If he did hit it, he was caught"

Out either way and they need to find a way to allow for that. If someone's given out LBW and then an inside edge saves them and ends up being not out despite them being caught it would be very strange.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Otherwise you'd have the ridiculous situation where the fielding team would have to review a dismissal that's already been reviewed. If he's out on DRS, he's out.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pleased they're looking to trial Duke balls in NZ, should lead to more test results with it's propensity to reverse more.