• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dougeh really can't bat time all that well. Felt pretty bad for him to be in that situation.

Congratulations Steyn.

Mike5181

International Captain
Neither, but I thought even without Taylor, Southee, Ryder and the other injured who may or may not have played, that we'd still show something better than this.

Still, it's not over. I mean, we're not going to win, but back in the day the bulk of our runs came from 6 and below, so some semblance of dignity may get reclaimed.
We have **** all batting ability in the tail these days tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I genuinely didn't and have found it damn hard to get motivated for this series. When an average to poor side like NZ loses arguably their 4 best Test players in Taylor, Ryder, Southee & Vettori against a rampaging no 1 side in the world in their own backyard, it was always going to be a non-contest.

Not sure why you had high hopes tbh, did you not see the side?
No I didn't, because the build up didn't really interest me, just when i saw it was on i hoped for some good cricket. My earlier question about Ross Taylor was a genuine one. I'd heard he had the captaincy drama, but I wasn't aware he was not playing at all.

Likewise, I knew Dan Vettori was out but wasn't aware about Ryder and Southee either.

And as I type Steyn brings up 300 with a pearler. Fine bowler.

I don't think they'll get 47, sadly.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn you legend. Phliander got 5 but Steyn's looked the most aesthetically pleasing. :p