• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

uvelocity

International Coach
paint us somewhat into a corner at 7/212 overnight and still find a way to criticise the skipper :unsure: couldn't make a fuss about him not shouldering the bowling load this time? 8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sammy did drop a sitter when Warner was on 5 and I thought it was an odd decision to not give Roach or even himself (Sammy) an opportunity to bowl the 88th and 90th overs with the new ball.

I was half asleep while watching right at the end so I don't know if their were any circumstances to prevent a quick bowling from both ends with the new pill.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
paint us somewhat into a corner at 7/212 overnight and still find a way to criticise the skipper :unsure: couldn't make a fuss about him not shouldering the bowling load this time? 8-)
Yet again he only got ONE WICKET in the innings and dropped a vital catch!!!.. that's typical sammy for you!! :laugh: , but you're a supporter OF THE OPPOSITION so of course you want him in our side!! 8-) ,

Ruckus

International Captain
No one's looked comfortable. He might average 17 and the others 25 or so but that's hardly different. These haven't been decks to fill your boots on.
Na, all of the top order bar Cowan have averaged over 30 (even Wade). And it's not a question of 'filling your boots' in fact it's more the opposite idea - that because the wickets haven't been good for making big scores, you have to adapt by contributing with some gritty runs (even if that means just a few small scores). There are no excuses, it's simple; he just hasn't been good enough, and unless he scores a half century in the second innings it will just be another failed series for him.

smash84

The Tiger King
poor WW....now whose feathers did he ruffle?

I used to think that the guy was a troll but he has his opinions and sticks to them (like PEWS)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ironic if Sammy scores a 50 and takes a match winning haul in the second innings given WW's ban.
We'll just have to have assumed he'd have complained about Sammy not going on to score a hundred and stuff about how he didn't knock over some people he didn't bowl at.

Spark

Global Moderator
Na, all of the top order bar Cowan have averaged over 30 (even Wade). And it's not a question of 'filling your boots' in fact it's more the opposite idea - that because the wickets haven't been good for making big scores, you have to adapt by contributing with some gritty runs (even if that means just a few small scores). There are no excuses, it's simple; he just hasn't been good enough, and unless he scores a half century in the second innings it will just be another failed series for him.
wtf? it's not anywhere near that simple.

Debris

International 12th Man
Cowan is starting to get to the walking wicket stage. He does not inspire confidence.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cowan is starting to get to the walking wicket stage. He does not inspire confidence.
Nowhere near as bad as Marsh, to try and find a positive.

Big fan of Ed's, I'm sure he should be able to kick on and be a Test-class opener, but based on his current performances my faith seems to be a little misguided.

Sylvester

State Captain
Seems quite hard to dump a batsmen based on the conditions, especially considering no batsmen has consistently made runs. But the confidence in Cowan is definitely running low, from what I read we are back at home for our next series so that could be make or break for him.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I'd be giving Cowan maybe one more series, and if he doesn't do anything of promise then he'd surely have to go. He just doesn't have a good enough domestic record or any other real advantages to buy him extra time. If one of our openers is gonna be averaging 30-odd it might as well be Khawaja or someone else with a similar amount of potential.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Serious question.

How many more series have you got before the ashes next year and who have you got touring next Aussie summer?

Every time I try opening the future tours thing on cricinfo my comp freezes.

Just wondering how long you can give Cowan before needing to replace him to give a new guy a fair crack etc...