• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Jager

International Debutant
Why does Watson always fail to convert? He needed a dropped catch to get to his first hundred (basically a gift) and if I recall correctly, he was dropped a few times before that... He's just abysmal at converting and it frustrates me incredibly from an Australian perspective yet satisfies me somewhat seeing as he's such a ****

Ruckus

International Captain
He only got 41...his conversion problem is a bit ridiculous, but you can't expect someone to convert everytime they get 40-odd...that's basically just a start.

That 50 by Warner was pretty terrible truth be told...could have been out about 5 times there, and ended it with a filthy shot.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am enjoying this attritional cricket far more than seeing a side rattle up 350 odd on day 1 and both sides getting 500+ in a first innings. Proper test cricket and fascinating to watch.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't want to sound churlish but seeing Australia with Warner, Cowan, Watson, Ponting, Hussey, Wade in 6 of the top 7 batting positions I can't help but feel confident of success for England in the next ashes.

Even with our obvious problems with our batting, and the promise of some of your bowlers(if they're ever fit again) I can't help but feel smug at our chances. :p:p:p:p:p:D:D

you can post this when england lose.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why does Hussey fill you with confidence?

I wasn't too surprised to see us at 146-4 when I woke up, we obviously need this pair (our best pair) to put on a solid partnership.

EDIT - FFS, Clarke gone two balls after my post.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Why does Hussey fill you with confidence?
Probably be the fact he wasn't very good on the last tour and is a veteran so won't be getting any better. That is the way I am looking at him and Ponting anyway. Both may struggle against the England attack again.

hazsa19

International Regular
Probably be the fact he wasn't very good on the last tour and is a veteran so won't be getting any better. That is the way I am looking at him and Ponting anyway. Both may struggle against the England attack again.
:laugh:

I do hate watching him bat as an opposition fan though. There are so many times where you think for a split second that he's gone. Whether by luck or design he usually survives.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Last tour as in the last Ashes played in England 3 years ago? Since then, the Ashes in Australia he was dominate and I bet Cook will be seen as having the wood over Australia due to his excellent performance in Oz too.

The point still remains though that the English will be pleased to be bowling to be bowling to our batsman, but I would have to say Hussey would be up there with Clarke as key wickets surely.

flibbertyjibber

Last tour as in the last Ashes played in England 3 years ago? Since then, the Ashes in Australia he was dominate and I bet Cook will be seen as having the wood over Australia due to his excellent performance in Oz too.

The point still remains though that the English will be pleased to be bowling to be bowling to our batsman, but I would have to say Hussey would be up there with Clarke as key wickets surely.
Meant in England and in English conditions. Hussey struggled bigtime last tour over here and there was plenty of talk of him being dropped before the last test ton. Ponting might not even make it anyway.

hazsa19

International Regular

Yup. Will probably celebrate his wicket more than Pontings. Certainly did in 2011/12.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

tbh i though hussey was 38 rather than 36 and so i was assuming that he'd be pretty old by the ashes and skills receeding quickly.

Australia going to regret dropping Beer this match?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Looks like a two-spinners pitch if ever I saw one... can't see many runs being scored off Shillingford later in the game if he keeps getting this degree of turn and bounce. I also can't see him bowling in short sleeves any time soon.

Great grab from Sammy, nonetheless.

flibbertyjibber

Mr Shillingford has bowled rather well today. WI have had a good day today, could have been a lot better but for stupid drops by the skipper.

So if Australia end up with a score of around 200 the series win for them depends on them getting Shiv out quickly when WI bat.

Last edited: