• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watching cricket this summer in England without taking out a second mortgage.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If the counties spent millions of pounds redeveloping their grounds, bearing in mind that in the UK the trend is for single-purpose stadia, who do you think the cost will be passed on to?
Interesting. The US went through a single multi-purpose stadia phase from the 60s-80s but now the trend is again to have different stadiums from different sports. I am not sure if that's simply because of the crazy amounts of money involved in American sports and so they can afford it or if it actually has some other economical benefits.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Interesting. The US went through a single multi-purpose stadia phase from the 60s-80s but now the trend is again to have different stadiums from different sports. I am not sure if that's simply because of the crazy amounts of money involved in American sports and so they can afford it or if it actually has some other economical benefits.
Well, Wembley's a bit of a multi-purpose venue, but that's because they spent about £700m on the place.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cricket already isn't a spectator friendly sport, and the prices are getting beyond ridiculous to the point where watching it on TV is the better option.

Attending live sport is one of my passions but cricket really is pushing it. I know in the UK the value for price is much worse than here in Australia too having attended two tests in England last year.

Would have to fork out around AUD$70 to attend the T20 between Aust vs. Ind tonight, and they're playing it out in Homebush too ffs. Decided against it when I saw the price.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket already isn't a spectator friendly sport, and the prices are getting beyond ridiculous to the point where watching it on TV is the better option.

Attending live sport is one of my passions but cricket really is pushing it. I know in the UK the value for price is much worse than here in Australia too having attended two tests in England last year.

Would have to fork out around AUD$70 to attend the T20 between Aust vs. Ind tonight, and they're playing it out in Homebush too ffs. Decided against it when I saw the price.
Probably waiting for someone to get you a freebie into the Members again, eh ****?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I've probably watched only 2 or 3 days of international cricket here in England in the last 5 years. Wheareas I've watched live 30 or so days overseas in the last 5 years.

There really is no value on watching international cricket here in the UK. Tickets are the most expensive in the world and unless you live close to a specific ground, transport and accomodation costs make following international cricket almost impossible except for an occasional day every couple of years.

Got my one day of international cricket signed up for this year. Day 1 of the Oval Test against SA. 4 tickets at £65 a piece, 90 minute journey each way. Just not that feasible to watch more than 1 day.

I'd advise anybody wanting to watch England play cricket to travel abroad to follow them. Save up and every few years go watch a whole tour.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah its bloody expensive, best thing to do is hope the test lasts the distance and go on the 5th day. Went to last day of Sri Lanka at Lords and India at the Oval, both were £20, compared to the £45 I shelled out for first day at the Oval in which we only got one session. Not having a real job, so easily getting a day off, and living in easily commutable distance to London obviously helps attending the last day at short notice.

Managed 5 days of test cricket last year (2 rain effected, ****ing stupid country.) Unlikely to make as many this year but Bought my Oval ticket for SA test already at £60 and will hope for a few day 5s again.

ganeshran

International Debutant
In India test match tickets are pretty cheap. you can get bad seats for around 1$ a day and the good ones for $40 for the entire match.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And still no one goes.
Dubai's stadium is absolutely sensational with scarcely a bad seat in the house

Prices for upper deck seats range from less than 5 quid on the side to about 15 behind the bowlers arm

Problem is that not many Poms will go because you cant get a drink and the majority of local Pakistanis cant afford it and wouldnt get time off anyway except Friday

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dubai's stadium is absolutely sensational with scarcely a bad seat in the house

Prices for upper deck seats range from less than 5 quid on the side to about 15 behind the bowlers arm

Problem is that not many Poms will go because you cant get a drink and the majority of local Pakistanis cant afford it and wouldnt get time off anyway except Friday
True cricket fans, eh? Really in it for the love of the game. Heaven forbid you might not be pie-eyed by lunch and actually be sober enough not to have to read the paper next day to find out how many Ajmal rolled your side for.

Divots.