• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Morgan V Raina

Who's the better batsmen?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's odd that we didn't really learn much about Raina. We know he's got a fine temperament and can make tough runs, but when Broad and Jimmy got the second new ball swinging, he didn't seem up to it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Morgan did not convince me last summer have not seen him bat much this year but his results have not been flash again, Raina might just be the better of the two bu I don't rate him all that high aswell.
To be fair there were at least 2 occasions against Sri Lanka where Morgan had to try and smash quick runs en route to a declaration, which doesn't help his average.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair there were at least 2 occasions against Sri Lanka where Morgan had to try and smash quick runs en route to a declaration, which doesn't help his average.
Having the opportunity to smash quick runs against that attack inflates his average imo.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Eoin has clear technical problems against the swinging ball, but we've known that for a while now.

He's still England's best player of spin for mine however

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Morga goes for his second duck. Another couple of innings and it would be very much clear who is better.

shivfan

Banned
Eoin has clear technical problems against the swinging ball, but we've known that for a while now.

He's still England's best player of spin for mine however
Only in ODIs, where there are restrictions that limited bowlers to what they can bowl, and what fields they can set....

That said, these days Morgan can't seem to last long enough to face the spinner. He's out for a duck against Kumar.

IMHO, there are better candidates in England for that number six slot.

Bun

Banned
lolmorgan..

Might as well jinxed him for a second innings 100 now...

Nah I like him genuinely.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neither appear to be remotely up to Test standard. Fortunately for both of them, the next cabs on the respective ranks are Bopara and Yuvraj respectively.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Neither appear to be remotely up to Test standard. Fortunately for both of them, the next cabs on the respective ranks are Bopara and Yuvraj respectively.
Pujara would have been the next for India or even ahead of Raina but is injured for another 4 months.

God i hope we stick with Kohli or give Badrinath,Rahane,Rohit a go ahead of another long run for Yuvraj tbh.