• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My 'turn on the telly' XI

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hayden
Slater
Ponting
M Waugh
S Waugh
Martyn
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

the 2001 Ashes team for the first 4 tests. KILLER. Swap Slater for Langer, but i like Slats, his batting rocked.
Touch pedantic, but didn't Waugh miss the 4th test through injury and get replaced by Simon Katich?

It is one hell of a team though.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
gavaskar
sehwag
richards
lara
tendulkar
gower
gilchrist
akram
holding
lillee
warne

12th: malcolm...devon.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Sachin Tendulkar
Saeed Anwar
Michael Slater
Greg Blewett
Azhar
Inzamam Ul Haq
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Waqar Younis
Saqlain Mushtaq

12th man VVS Laxman

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know if this goes as test or ODI XI but here goes:

Sehwag
Jayasuriya
Tendulkar
Lara
Laxman
Dhoni
Saqlain
Ambrose
Donald
McGrath
Murali

Understandably more Indians. There are some ATGs that I have seen more on YouTube than on TV. Here is a most searched on YouTube XI:

B. Richards
Gavaskar
Bradman
G. Pollock
V. Richards
(No wk)
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Garner
Lillee

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I shall attempt a list rather than an XI. Players who I've specifically tuned in to watch:

Hayden
Gilchrist
Sehwag
Sachin
Steyn
Asif
Amir
Bond
Warne
Sreesanth (lol)
Irfan back when he was jizzworthy

Yes I love bowlers.

Himannv

International Coach
Lara
Murali
Warne
Akram
Lee
Marshall
Ambrose
Imran
Sanath
Aravinda
Mahela
Sanga
Malinga
Samaraweera
Vaas
Viv
Thorpe
Donald
Sami
Anderson
Bond
Steyn
Mark Waugh
Ponting
McMillan

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha.. I only started when I started playing cricket, which was when I was 12. Unfortunate because I missed out on a lot of awesomeness :(
I started watching when I was 3.. The first game I watched live was the tied test at Chepauk.. My first cricket watching experience, either telly or live.. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't remember anything from when I was 3 besides wetting the bed
I don't remember the exact cricket but do remember a few fans being evicted by the police as they were chanting rude stuff at the Aussie player near the boundary.. May have been Greg Mathews, not sure... :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome idea for a thread. I'll do a test XI

Sehwag
Gayle
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Lara
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Warne
Steyn