• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Congrats Sri Lankan fans, what an absolute thrashing. I can't believe that Swann went for 60 runs without a wicket.

3 teams from group A are now in the Semis. No wonder that the teams from B had a tough time from the minnows.

JBH001

International Regular
Woudn't have been the case if Morgan was taken by the fielders. Anyway Murali has to go, and it's bleeding obvious. Get in Randiv and carry on with the game.
Yes, I concur.

Murali will likely not be able to make the SF vs NZ, and if SL make it through to the final, I am not sure he should be picked unless he really is able to bowl at 100%. I don't think he was fully fit today and it showed in his bowling which lacked bite. In any case, Randiv would make a fine replacement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harsh to call it ordinary or forgettable. Somewhere between quite good and excellent, for mine. He already had a good Test record in India, but he has improved on what was previously a pretty ordinary ODI record.
How exactly?

Firstly I said the rest was forgettable. So everything after the England vs. India game was basically poor.

He played well vs. Netherlands in ideal batting conditions against a horrible bowling line-up, and he played an absolutely brilliant knock vs. India.

The rest, as I said, was very forgettable.

smash84

The Tiger King
Congrats Sri Lankan fans, what an absolute thrashing. I can't believe that Swann went for 60 runs without a wicket.

3 teams from group A are now in the Semis. No wonder that the teams from B had a tough time from the minnows.
haha........so true.........group B didn't actually know about real competition before they came to the quarter finals.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How exactly?

Firstly I said the rest was forgettable. So everything after the England vs. India game was basically poor.

He played well vs. Netherlands in ideal batting conditions against a horrible bowling line-up, and he played an absolutely brilliant knock vs. India.

The rest, as I said, was very forgettable.
I don't know, he certainly went up in my estimation as an ODI batsman. Averaged around 48 for the tournament. If Tendulkar gets out cheaply in the next game, he will average around the same. Would you call it a mediocre WC for him after 2 hundreds? I guess our yardsticks are a bit different.

FBU

International Debutant
Swann wasn't going to get any help from this attack. West Indies played like fools and gave England ideas that these could bowl.

Career strike rates

Bresnan 42.6
Tremlett 52.2
Wright 68.0
Tredwell 55.5
Bopara 40.9

Missing Broad's 29.7 and need bowlers with s/rs under 35.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know much about Tharanga in FC cricket, but why is he not considered for a spot in the Test side? It seems like he's improved alot in the last couple of years and I feel he'd bring more to the table than Paranavitana.

"It's England's fifth 10-wicket defeat in ODIs, their third against Sri Lanka, and was a proper humping."
Good form Cricinfo.
That's because he tend to play the moving ball from the edge more often than from the middle of the bat.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities, one of the cities being Paris. His time in Paris being the best of times, and the result in this game being...

Oh look, never mind.
I quite enjoyed your post as I am currently reading that book.

The main character is such a ****. I'm up to his third trial for execution.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sixty-six Ashes series have been played, with Australia winning 31 and England 30. The remaining five series were drawn, with Australia retaining the Ashes four times (1938, 1962–63, 1965–66, 1968) and England retaining it once (1972). The win-loss ratio in Ashes Tests stands at 123 wins for Australia to 100 wins for England, with 87 draws.

:thumbsup: captain.

smash84

The Tiger King
wow......its 31 to 30 in favor of Australia. I never thought it would be so close. I always thought Australians must have won a lot more Ashes series than England

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't we talk of anything withput mentioning the Ashes? It's irritating when Ashes are mentioned in a SL vs ENG ODI game.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Tale of Two Cities is an awesome, awesome book. That first line is one of the greatest ever.