• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salman85

International Debutant
I'm reading stuff online about how WI have a hard task qualifying for the QF now.What nonsense.They have a better runrate than Bangladesh,and Bangaldesh won't beat South Africa let alone beat them by a big enough margin to overtake West Indies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm reading stuff online about how WI have a hard task qualifying for the QF now.What nonsense.They have a better runrate than Bangladesh,and Bangaldesh won't beat South Africa let alone beat them by a big enough margin to overtake West Indies.
Speaking of NRR, how badly do India need to get beaten for England to hop above them in NRR?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wouldn't use the term choke, though WI were dumb.

Never once was WI guaranteed a win, so I don't think they choked.

Same with if England had lost.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh, TBF, I was surprised how well Russell did. He put them in a great position but after Pollard had gone I thought WIndies had lost it. No choke for me, although I would say England made a good comeback.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps, but your tailenders definitely lost their head at the end. May not have mattered, and its not really their job, but still.
If they were batting with a batsman I'd have agreed, but they were batting with each other, so panic was always on the cards. A choke is more what Luke Wright did at the end of the England innings. It didn't cost England though.

18 run margin, 17 wides/noballs by WI. That's the match right there.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
If Bangladesh beat SA the margin doesn't matter, they're through. WI would then have to beat India to qualify (thus knocking England or India out). Agree that WI qualifying is still highly likely though, Bangladesh winning would be a massive upset.

Last edited:

Challis

U19 12th Man
erm you've got it wrong mate, if Bangladesh beat SA then they are through with 8 points, it doesn't go to NRR, WI will need to beat India or they will go out on 6 points

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyway well done to England. Deserved winners in the end.

Unbelievably shattering from my Trott tournament bet point of view though :(

Gnite fellas.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If they were batting with a batsman I'd have agreed, but they were batting with each other, so panic was always on the cards. A choke is more what Luke Wright did at the end of the England innings. It didn't cost England though.

18 run margin, 17 wides/noballs by WI. That's the match right there.
Fair point. Wides are a natural part of the game, you can never expect a side to be totally extras free.

This game obviously could've gone either way, the control switched several times.

The biggest result is that the drama in this group still isn't over.

Woodster

International Captain
The generally under-used bowling of Ravi Bopara 8.4-2-22-2, an excellent effort and a demonstration of solid wicket to wicket bowling with a hint of movement through the air. Good work Rav.

Challis

U19 12th Man
I wouldn't use the term choke, though WI were dumb.

Never once was WI guaranteed a win, so I don't think they choked.

Same with if England had lost.
When Sarwan and Russell were win, both set, needed 22 from 54 balls? definitely a choke IMO