• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He was fantastic, wasn't he? I used to think he wasn't international class, but he's certainly proven me wrong.
I've said some less than complimentary things about his bowling in the past, lovethe fact he's proving me wrong.

Debris

International 12th Man
Only saw the end of this game. Is it time to bring out the chokers tag for SA again or were conditions that difficult?

Spark

Global Moderator
The only reliable batsmen in the Saffer line up is Amla. Smith and Kallis have been out of form in the ODI's for a while now and De Villiers is a FTMB (flat track minnow basher), where one of hundreds came against the dutch. And we all know about the rest of their batting line up.
Smith deserves huge credit for the way he batted though. Kallis's dismissal was poor but ABdV was on the unfortunate end of one of those magic deliveries that Anderson comes up with from time to time - no shame in that.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
I was willing to give South Africa a chance to prove they are not "chokers" but this performance says it all.

England now should make the quarters but I doubt they will go any further, Australia wont choke in this fashion!

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Only saw the end of this game. Is it time to bring out the chokers tag for SA again or were conditions that difficult?
It wasnt the easiest pitch but from 123-3 to be bowled out for 165 has to be seen as a choke when chasing 171.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching a replay of the SA wickets on our Sky; god, Duminy's was an awful shot, wasn't it? Nice cherry, but could've driven a bus through that gap.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just watching a replay of the SA wickets on our Sky; god, Duminy's was an awful shot, wasn't it? Nice cherry, but could've driven a bus through that gap.
Yeah it was. That's when you started to get a hint of the "c" word, was completely needless.

I mean the way they lost those last two wickets on 124 and Peterson too. Just horrible batting brought about by good pressure bowling.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. :laugh: I don't know what to say TBH.

Unbelievable comeback by England, congrats. Their field late on when van Wyk and Steyn had their mini-partnership was so tight. Speaking of which, van Wyk looked so terrible (worse that Steyn FFS) when England just bowled straight at him and didn't give him any room to free his arms.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How about we **** off with this chokers rubbish and give the team that's defended 171 some credit for bowling well?

bagapath

International Captain
Saw the game live (from my friend's air-conditioned box right above the commentators) and hated the proceedings when bopara batted like an old woman and england struggled to 171. Left the ground when SA was 20 odd for nothing. They even tempted me with beer to stay back. I did not. What a dickhead!

Jacknife

International Captain
Yeah Jesus my opinion of him has changed so much the last couple of months.

Pleased for Ravi as well, Mr Yardy still needs to go but going to enjoy this win for now.
I always thought Bres was the man, but I also thought that was my Yorkshire bias, tbh I knew he was improving but he really has come of age.

Spark

Global Moderator
Saw the game live (from my friend's air-conditioned box right above the commentators) and hated the proceedings when bopara batted like an old woman and england struggled to 171. Left the ground when SA was 20 odd for nothing. They even tempted me with beer to stay back. I did not. What a dickhead!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

---

@GF: Broad, Anderson and Swann were top-class. But given that Yardy and KP bowled more overs than both Broad and Anderson, and given the batting, there was certainly an element of self-destruction about it.

This is not to say they wouldn't have won without Broad's final over though, because Steyn was a class apart in terms of calmness under pressure. Getting him was basically the match.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Sorry, but that is hilarious.

flibbertyjibber

I always thought Bres was the man, but I also thought that was my Yorkshire bias, tbh I knew he was improving but he really has come of age.
I always liked him but doubted he would cut it at highest level, just be useful back up. Glad he is proving me wrong this winter though needs to do it for a few years to be be considered a top player. making excellent progress so far though.