• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson's ball to Duminy and Broad's ball to Steyn were sensational. Disappointed I missed a large part of this innings, was shocked to see SA 150-7 when I came back. :laugh:

Blaze 18

Banned
Saw the game live (from my friend's air-conditioned box right above the commentators) and hated the proceedings when bopara batted like an old woman and england struggled to 171. Left the ground when SA was 20 odd for nothing. They even tempted me with beer to stay back. I did not. What a dickhead!
:laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Saw the game live (from my friend's air-conditioned box right above the commentators) and hated the proceedings when bopara batted like an old woman and england struggled to 171. Left the ground when SA was 20 odd for nothing. They even tempted me with beer to stay back. I did not. What a dickhead!
:laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
How about we **** off with this chokers rubbish and give the team that's defended 171 some credit for bowling well?
No, no, no no. didn't you hear? One of these teams with none of the same players currently in it once lost a close semi final about 12 years ago. They must have choked.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
A fan that leaves the ground early shall henceforth be known as a 'bagapath'. The act of leaving the ground early is now 'bagapathing'. That is all.

Jacknife

International Captain
Trott again manages to get another score of 50, in a total of 170, he really is a run machine.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Flogging a dead horse # 57: England's squad make up.

Why, given he was selected ahead of Bopara in the orignal squad, was Luke Wright not in today's XI? :ph34r:

Answers on a postcard to Dusty Miller c/o Lords.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was quite similar to India's recent effort of defending 190 odd against SA TBH. Elements of choking in both games, but you have to give credit to the fielding team and captain for forcing the mistakes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

---

@GF: Broad, Anderson and Swann were top-class. But given that Yardy and KP bowled more overs than both Broad and Anderson, and given the batting, there was certainly an element of self-destruction about it.

This is not to say they wouldn't have won without Broad's final over though, because Steyn was a class apart in terms of calmness under pressure. Getting him was basically the match.
Had it been anyone else, the choke term wouldn't have been thrown around so much. Admittedly I haven't seen the whole game but England bowled bloody well when I watched.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
seeing trott again perform , i always like to compare him with kohli

both are two run machines and obvious future captains but still, take a bow england for such a great performance

and now that should surely shut up some saffies out there

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Was quite similar to India's recent effort of defending 190 odd against SA TBH. Elements of choking in both games, but you have to give credit to the fielding team and captain for forcing the mistakes.
and also south africa`s ability to think that no matter what, they can always lose the game 8-)

Spark

Global Moderator
Had it been anyone else, the choke term wouldn't have been thrown around so much. Admittedly I haven't seen the whole game but England bowled bloody well when I watched.
There were a lot of gift wickets though. With such a low RRR you'd expect pressure bowling not to be so effective.

Spark

Global Moderator
seeing trott again perform , i always like to compare him with kohli

both are two run machines and obvious future captains but still, take a bow england for such a great performance

and now that should surely shut up some saffies out there
Trott's too old to be a future captain IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There was a whole choke discussion about England vs. India, debating who did choke, and whether both did.

Du plessis wicket was :laugh: Don't see how that wasn't an implosion.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Flogging a dead horse # 57: England's squad make up.

Why, given he was selected ahead of Bopara in the orignal squad, was Luke Wright not in today's XI? :ph34r:

Answers on a postcard to Dusty Miller c/o Lords.
I guess the only way we can read it is that Luke Wright is in the squad as a bowling allrounder. :confused:

I reckon we should just let sleeping dogs lie on that front, though. If we ask too many more questions like that they must just select him in the eleven to shut us up....