• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exactly, my point is that treating each game like a Test and grinding out big runs is not a better way to prepare for a tour. England are playing more aggressively and going for the win. It hasn't worked out perfectly but it's good to see.
Are they though? With the exception of Collingwood today they'd scored sweet **** all at snail's pace there for a while. That could change in the second innings though like WA.

As I said before, I don't think these games are the be-all and end-all either. England could come out all guns blazing in the test matches. They probably will. So far in the warm-up matches though I think they've also given us hope they'll be 100/5 early on in the piece. It might be false hope, but they don't look invincible yet.

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can't believe Collingwood is 34 years old. Time flies.

Sounds like conditions were a little tougher than they typically are in Adelaide. Probably even honours, which is good, says we're trending up. Must confess I've been looking ahead to the Aus A game since the tour schedule was announced though. Damn shame we won't be fielding our first choice attack, I wanted to see Broad vs Khawaja and so on.

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Are they though? With the exception of Collingwood today they'd scored sweet **** all at snail's pace there for a while. That could change in the second innings though like WA.

As I said before, I don't think these games are the be-all and end-all either. England could come out all guns blazing in the test matches. They probably will. So far in the warm-up matches though I think they've also given us hope they'll be 100/5 early on in the piece. It might be false hope, but they don't look invincible yet.
Woah woah woah.

We're far from invincible, that's just crazy talk. Your mob have been a bit rubbish lately, yes, but cripes, we haven't sent a team of unbeatables down there. It's a balanced, confident, settled XI with high hopes for a good campaign. We should win, but I'm not expecting a walkover. It doesn't matter how old and past it your blokes are, you've always got that annoying, stubborn fight in you (particularly at home) that sees you make a contest of everything, and at the end of the day we're fielding an attack comprised of one man who has nightmares about the land down under, and another three who've never played in a test match there. There will be some grappling done, it should be a great contest.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No cameras there? Shocking. Yet more anti-cricket behaviour from the scum.
There were cameras at the ground as I've just seen a report on Sky

Problem was that there were very few English highlights so they obviously decided not to waste the bandwidth

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There were cameras at the ground as I've just seen a report on Sky

Problem was that there were very few English highlights so they obviously decided not to waste the bandwidth
Wonder why CA didn't stream the game. Seems strange considering they streamed the WA game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cook's lack of runs continues to be a worry. 32 off 91 suggests a bloke scratching around for form. The dismissal sounds like Cook's Outs 101 too. According to the BBC he "pushed outside off-stump uncertainly to be caught behind".

If Morgan scores runs v Oz A and Cook doesn't it could be a ticklish call for Flower and co to make. No room for sentiment, however good a bloke he is.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I understand all Aussies questiong the England batting line-up, but as I said during the first tour match, let's maintain a degree ot realism here. Yes they are important in terms of preparation, time in the middle, bowlers getting overs into the legs etc, and yes they will be doing our utmost to win the game, but games against WA and SA are in no comparison to an Ashes Test in terms of intensity and concentration required. The England camp are saying all the right things, but you know it's a warm-up game and doesn't mean a whole heap, the intensity of an Ashes battle cannot be replicated in such games.
Yes and no. It's not often that a bloke who did well in warm-ups is rubbish in the real games and vice versa. Generally the best batters in warm-ups are the guys who score runs come Test time. Shane Watson his tons in each innings of the warm-up to the Indian Tests then hit a ton in the first Test and two more 50's in the series. Ponting looked good, scored well in the Tests. Hilf was the best bowler in the warm-up, easily the best bowler in the Tests. North scored a ton in the warm-up......

The bowlers are more likely to ease into a series and just look to get the ball on a length in the warm-ups but for batters, it's pretty important to get some runs in the warm-ups. Probably more so in a short series, though.

howardj

International Coach
Early days yet and important not to react to every ball or day's play, but England so far look like a solid, workmanlike team who whilst not storming the fortress this Summer, will press on steadily and put up a real fight. I am really looking forward to a hard fought series, perhaps lacking the real stars of contests past, but still absorbing nonetheless.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FYI, it's hammering down right now but I'm led to believe there will be periods of good weather today.

Sylvester

State Captain
SACA put their usual highlights on youtube, pretty much looks like the usual cameras they used for the streams. There was a 3rd channel on CA website but it didn't play.