• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmmmmmm, England 4/95 and going about it very slowly. Even on an overcast day, at Adelaide, that's pretty average. Maybe their batting is a bit more of a worry than I thought.

Burgey

Hmmmmmmm, England 4/95 and going about it very slowly. Even on an overcast day, at Adelaide, that's pretty average. Maybe their batting is a bit more of a worry than I thought.
No, no. Don't worry. We'll be right, really. Ian Bell is in!!!

EDIT: Collingwood must be batting on a different deck to everyone else. He's getting his runs at a decent clip.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Decent cloud all day, though. Would have been a bit of swing around at least.

Collingwood just caught off Haberfield. Yay!

Burgey

Just realised Paul Collingwood's FC average is 36, according to Cricinfo.

If that's righ the bloke's done bloody well to have the success he has at test level, all things considered.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Tim Lang, never seen that name before :O

I should really be there right now but one of my cousins just had to be born on this day >:(

Jayzamann

International Regular
Just realised Paul Collingwood's FC average is 36, according to Cricinfo.

If that's righ the bloke's done bloody well to have the success he has at test level, all things considered.
Speaking of FC averages, KP's is below 50... well below 50. I knew his test average took a slapping in the past 12-18 months, but wow.

vcs

The English batting lineup hasn't been in the greatest of form recently as the England-Pakistan series indicated.

Ruckus

International Captain
I find this hype about KP pretty ridiculous really. I mean he is a good batsmen, but so what? There have been so many articles written about him now saying his return to form is going to put the Ashes in England's favour etc. But you have to also consider Australia have there own good share of batsmen who, if they have a successful series, would do just as much damage to England. Ricky Ponting for one. If he has a good series, it could be game over for England. His potential to win a series is far more than KP's. Michael Clarke. His test average is virtually identical to KP's and he also looks to be in good touch. Shane Watson and Simon Katich could also really swing the series in our favour. Marcus North...er...no..

The bottom line is, KP having a good series alone won't win the Ashes for England. And IMO Australia have no reason to fear him. He is a good batsmen, but he ain't Bradman.

vcs

Why exactly is KP back in form by the way? Because he proclaimed "I'm on fire"? I'll believe it when I see it in a game that actually matters, and he didn't exactly score a hundred or anything either.

Ruckus

International Captain

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Colly and Bell get some runs, would be nice to see Cook and Trott get some in the next innings and then everyone's had some.

Top_Cat

Smart of England to declare. There won't be any easy runs tomorrow and, tbh, the weather we've got coming means there won't be much play on Sat.

flibbertyjibber

Good enough,Bell and Colly got runs and the bowlers get time out there tomorrow.That'll do.

Funny how England get slagged off for their batting yet nobody mentioned that Ponting,Watson,Hughes,Khawaja and Haddin all failed.Only Clarke has scored decent runs this week so far.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Hobart was a greentop and then some.

SCG is a pretty dead pitch though. Not very good application from NSW bar Clarke.