• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus North Australia's Next Captain

howardj

International Coach
WTF?

Trouble in paradise as players revolt against Clarke who seems to be a prickly character.

My word, I will hand in my CW membership if a hack like North ascends to teh captaincy.

Nothing would surprise me with CA though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australian cricket is a shambles.

Anything less than a 6-0 win for us is a failure in this upcoming Ashes series.

The union flag should be removed from the Australian flag with immediate effect as I do not wish for my country to be associated with that farce any longer.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Dunno about North as captain but a move to number 4 might not be the worst idea. But yeah junk article.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm a quiet fan of North and reckon he is way further from being dropped than a few Aussies on here reckon.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Where's this info about him being a captain chance from? This reporters opinion? Really if they give it to a player who is struggling for his spot and the general public want dropped that's insane. Surely Katich rates higher then North? They should be dropping Hussey or North to give Ferguson or White a shot both of who could potentially develop into good leaders if they can hold a spot in the side. This article should be taken with a grain of salt, a couple of weeks ago there was one article floating around saying Paine was looking good for test captain after his 3rd test...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that the split seems to be along the lines of players who played under Clarke in the U/19 WC and the older ones.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting that the split seems to be along the lines of players who played under Clarke in the U/19 WC and the older ones.
Yeah, I hardly see how the opinions of players who are going to retire around the same time as Ponting are going to count for much anyway.

TumTum

Banned
All this next captain talk is unnecessary, Ponting will be captain for a few more years to come and by then a lot might change.

Spark

Global Moderator
WTF?

Trouble in paradise as players revolt against Clarke who seems to be a prickly character.

My word, I will hand in my CW membership if a hack like North ascends to teh captaincy.

Nothing would surprise me with CA though.
I cannot see for the life of me how Clarke is prickly. Boring as hell, perhaps, goes out of his way to make sure he doesn't offend an ant.

Okay I read the article. And apparently Ponting kept Clarke off in Mohali... I mean, wtf? We were all wondering at the time why Clarke didn't bowl.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think Clarke being a **** is news, is it? Katich generally seems a level-headed but determined sort of chap, so for One Bounce to have riled him sefficiently to grab him by the throat that time speaks volumes.

Also more than a hint of the sour grapes about his ill-informed anti-Hussey/DtR comments. Especially given it seems to have been CA (in fine foot-shooting form, may I say) who insisted they play on for as long as their teams were in the CL.

North as captain tho? Satan will be skating to work first.

Spark

Global Moderator
Main problem I have with Clarke is he seems a bit too nice on the field. Doesn't seem to want to give his bowlers an earful if they turn to poo as they did last night. In Johnson's case I can understand (he probably wouldn't hit the strip after that) but for Siddle it might've helped.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Main problem I have with Clarke is he seems a bit too nice on the field. Doesn't seem to want to give his bowlers an earful if they turn to poo as they did last night. In Johnson's case I can understand (he probably wouldn't hit the strip after that) but for Siddle it might've helped.
Sorry, but that's ridiculous. He's not going to give a public bollocking to a bowler out on the field. He shouldn't, and he won't. Could well do it in the sheds afterwards.

On Clarke in general though, where there's smoke, there's fire. Ponting supposedly has no time for him at all. The T20 team, from what I hear, certainly aren't unified behind him either.