• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marcus North Australia's Next Captain

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Sorry, but that's ridiculous. He's not going to give a public bollocking to a bowler out on the field. He shouldn't, and he won't. Could well do it in the sheds afterwards.

On Clarke in general though, where there's smoke, there's fire. Ponting supposedly has no time for him at all. The T20 team, from what I hear, certainly aren't unified behind him either.
I hear the same things too, from a source close to the team. I hear that Katich has a LOT of support within the dressing room.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yes but Kat is 35 and as much as we all love him won't captain.

by the way i'm just gonna point if a full strength NSW team lined up tomorrow, Kat would be captain, Haddin vice and Clarke would be in the covers.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh yeah he's no chance for the Aussie job, just saying he has a lot of support, as in if he says something they listen, and listen good. Maybe he has just earnt the respect. Read into that what you will.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sorry, but that's ridiculous. He's not going to give a public bollocking to a bowler out on the field. He shouldn't, and he won't. Could well do it in the sheds afterwards.
Not so much a bollocking, but I have plenty of recollections of Ponting shouting "TOO ****ING SHORT" at slip. It seems to work...

On Clarke in general though, where there's smoke, there's fire. Ponting supposedly has no time for him at all.
Where do you hear this?

The T20 team, from what I hear, certainly aren't unified behind him either.
Ah but that's because he should'nt even be in the side.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not so much a bollocking, but I have plenty of recollections of Ponting shouting "TOO ****ING SHORT" at slip. It seems to work...
People have their own management styles. Most captains refrain from such stuff, generally Ponting is in the minority, and for good reason.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcus North next captain. Are they havin' a laugh?

Just bring in Khawaja and make him captain on debut and be done with it.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
WTF?

Trouble in paradise as players revolt against Clarke who seems to be a prickly character.

My word, I will hand in my CW membership if a hack like North ascends to teh captaincy.

Nothing would surprise me with CA though.
If Marcus North becomes captain of Australia i will start supporting England.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member

by the way i'm just gonna point if a full strength NSW team lined up tomorrow, Kat would be captain, Haddin vice and Clarke would be in the covers.

And North were from NSW he wouldn't even make the team...

Spark

Global Moderator
IIRC NSW is playing a first-class match in a week or two with a full-strength lineup? Could be interesting.

Spark

Global Moderator
Marcus North finds captaincy link laughable | The Australian

“I woke up this morning hearing some of these reports and I know it's an Ashes summer but gee, there's got to be better stuff to write about,” North said.

“I do find it quite funny. Yesterday the feeling in the media is who can replace North and then the next minute I'm being touted as Australian captain.

“Like I said in an Ashes summer you can expect a bit of hype and a few stories but ... I think we're scraping the barrel there a bit.
He's got a point there. Bit mypoic, the media.

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Reporter probably just looked at the team and asked "Who is/was a state captain in this team? OOOH MARCUS NORTH!"

North for captain. If and when he has 100% cemented his place in the team.