• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can't make up my mind about how difficult the pitch was to bat on. Sehwag thrived on it.

There were some other good batting performances but SL and India also had their moments on this pitch.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hopkins is an affront to humanity.
This.

The United Nations has discussed the issue. A resolution is pending.

Reece Young has an FC average of 29 last season 52
Kruger has an FC average of 35 last season 58
Hopkins FC average of 35 last season 57

Maybe give Kruger a chance in the tests?

Makes you wonder how hard it is average 50 in FC cricket in NZ if all three of these guys did it last year. Anyways I think they took Reece Young overseas last time - so it isn't a done deal that it will be Hopkins in the tests.

Howsie

International Captain
Your've got to remember that Gareth Hopkins scored a double century against Central Districts who during that game played a school boy attack in Adam Milne, Ben Wheeler and Doug Bracewell.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
NZ must be happy that Their team performed well In absence of their seniors.....

A gud practice on Sub-continent Pitch before WC

Are NZ are new SA they always choke when their is A semi final type of situation...

Flem274*

123/5
Agreed. McGlashan and Kruger van Wyk are the best One Day keeper-batsmen by a distance (excluding McCullum, who is obv. better than both).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How can anyone dislike Sehwag.

What a ****ing gun
Looking at his ODI record now, averaging the best part of 35 with a strike rate of 103 and 13 hundreds. The average probably doesn't do his talent justice but I can't find much to hate on.

Beast, BEAST, BEAST!!!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ did well though, with their depleted side. And had the rain not affected their previous fixture, who knows what could have happened.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL will go with full fire power against Shewag. We might see a 5 - 6 over spell from Malinga bowling mostly against Shewag. But the bowler I put my money to dismiss Shewag is Mathews. Has been having that golden touch through the series with very good performance with the ball. Might repeat it in the finals.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ did well though, with their depleted side. And had the rain not affected their previous fixture, who knows what could have happened.
I think we would have collapsed then too. Malinga would have caused carnage, IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah agreed we were definitely the lesser of the 3 teams. Looked aimless as soon as we lost Taylor/Styris generally.