• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowler Survival Grand Final

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
have not followed this from the beginning so kinda shocked too see Bondy at 18.Yes he was awesome for the liitle amound he played but being ahead of Walso,Willis,Snow,Steyn and few others.I think 35-40 would be a better rating for him.
Yeah think the positions from 40-18 are all very vague.
Everything above position 16 was determined based on the average ranking given to players over a minimum of two rounds (with the exception of Jeff Thompson, who got votes in only one round due to me forgetting him in the first group stage).

dravid&kallis

Cricket Spectator
I would put Pollock(Shaun) ahead of them.(Marshall,Ambrose,Glen,Hadlee)

As far as genuine quick bowlers (Younis, Lee, Akthar, Steyn, Donald) I would rate Donald to be the best since he was also the most consistent.

Having not watched the likes of Willis,Thompson can't comment on them and certainly not by stats alone.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would put Pollock(Shaun) ahead of them.(Marshall,Ambrose,Glen,Hadlee)

As far as genuine quick bowlers (Younis, Lee, Akthar, Steyn, Donald) I would rate Donald to be the best since he was also the most consistent.

Having not watched the likes of Willis,Thompson can't comment on them and certainly not by stats alone.
This is a windup surely?

Pollock ahead of McGrath? There is a case to be made for Donald being the best of the genuine express bowlers, but I think what we have here is a one eyed South African fan.