• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** First Semi-Final: Australia vs. England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Like I said when Ponting top edged Onions wide of Morgan, we simply can't afford those not to go to hand. Our attack does get shown up every time we play Aus in these games afaics.

EDIT
Cricinfo now reckon that was a genuine drop. Doesn't help, does it. And he's one of our better fielders.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
if eng can pick up Ponting, this match can still be a close one cuz chasing isn't that easy here

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like I said when Ponting top edged Onions wide of Morgan, we simply can't afford those not to go to hand. Our attack does get shown up every time we play Aus in these games afaics.
Bresnan scored at better than a run a ball 80, it was the batsmen who got shown up.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good morning everyone!

Just woke up here in rainy Sydney town this morning.

Things are a lot brighter now though.

LMFAO - schooled.

Bresnan did bat very wel though.

Burgey

Phew! There it is. Thank God - I was worried about the rain and who was in front on the D/L :ph34r:.

Actually very sorry I missed that partnership. Unbelievable stuff from those guys, but Paine must feel like a dill.

Good tourney from England though, after the home ODI series they've come to SA and done pretty well. Fans should be happy they stepped it up a bit for a big tourney - gotta be a decent sign there IMO.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I didn't see the game, but it seems like Watto and Ponting put on a show. Congrats Aus on reaching the final. Hope to face you there! :)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The only word i can think of right now is "OWNED".......................

Sorry for the harsh words....but Strauss deserved it after denying Smith..............................

Last edited:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
WOW
Has 2 batsmen scored 100s in the same Innings of a 2nd innings Day Night match?and a 250+ partnership batting 2nd at night?
This is a right thrashing.
Once again WOW

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Phew! There it is. Thank God - I was worried about the rain and who was in front on the D/L :ph34r:.

Actually very sorry I missed that partnership. Unbelievable stuff from those guys, but Paine must feel like a dill.

Good tourney from England though, after the home ODI series they've come to SA and done pretty well. Fans should be happy they stepped it up a bit for a big tourney - gotta be a decent sign there IMO.
England are such a strange one day side but they did what they have done quite a few times over the last few years found some good form out of a dismal situation. Still they only played on really good match and one pretty poor one in which they were totally outlcassed. The other two were pretty hard to judge because of the pitch.

Uppercut

Australia in the final.

It's odd how little you have to do to make the final of the Champions Trophy. Beat the tournament prank-team, scrape past Pakistan when they aren't particularly trying and get the mercurial side on a bad day- you're in the final!

It might sound harsh on Australia, because they were really very good today. But they didn't even need to be.

pasag

RTDAS
lol, went to bed with Aus on 1/100, did not expect this. Watson's such a champ, comes good when it matters in a brilliant all-round performance. Whatever Ponting did back in Aus obviously worked, he's been on fire since his mini-holiday.