• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP goes for the big shot to bring up his ton, get's out.

Can't criticise him, because without him we'd be nothing....

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh Kev.

ps not sure if anyone else has commented on it in this thread, but am I alone in thinking Benn's action looks a bit suspect from side-on?

Scaly piscine

Yea like we can't criticise any of the other players because they're out best XI (well in theory).

KP's an idiot. Everyone knew it was coming, there's no percentage in it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
KP goes for the big shot to bring up his ton, get's out.

Can't criticise him, because without him we'd be nothing....
Effing frustrating though. The truly world class players don't give it away like that. Not as often as he does, anyway.

grecian

Oh Kev.

ps not sure if anyone else has commented on it in this thread, but am I alone in thinking Benn's action looks a bit suspect from side-on?

No-ones mentioned it I think, but it looks a little suspect to me, but I try not to get into chucking convos as I don't understand the science, tbh:unsure:

haroon510

International 12th Man
ohh dear.. KP..

but a good innings.. a much needed one..

i actully looking forward to this series considering that West Indies had wonderful series agains New Zealand.. so i am interested to see how guys like Tayler, Powel and Edward do..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gonna be gutted if Fred gets out for 26 and we make about 280 tbh
You're already down thanks to KP, aren't you?

Sort of agree with Scaly too; wasn't very clever from Pietersen. Yes, he's our best player (to an embarrassing extent just now :mellow:), but that shouldn't make him immune from criticism. As the only genuinely world class player we have it's only right he should be judged by a higher base curve. His peers are Ponting and Sachin rather than Bell or Collingwood.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
You're already down thanks to KP, aren't you?

Sort of agree with Scaly too; wasn't very clever from Pietersen. Yes, he's our best player (to an embarrassing extent just now :mellow:), but that shouldn't make him immune from criticism. As the only genuinely world class player we have it's only right he should be judged by a higher base curve. His peers are Ponting and Sachin rather than Bell or Collingwood.
Nah, didn't get on KP in the end, actually fancied him for a big hundred. Interesting actually that KP has 15 tons and 12 50's but of the 12 50's 5 have seen him out in the 90's. Could have had an awesome conversion rate.

grecian

Did anyone put money on KP for a ton, as was being suggested by a few earlier today?

I'd be very pissed off, if I had done that.

Yeah, your all right KP deserves to be slagged off for the shot, but I think my ire will be more aimed at Bell and Cook at close of play.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, checking my betting account, seems like i actually put money on England to score more than 285.5 rather than less than....need these two to add a lot then.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Botham leaving his business interests outside the commentary box and giving us an impartial opinion on Pietersen's dismissal 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, didn't get on KP in the end, actually fancied him for a big hundred. Interesting actually that KP has 15 tons and 12 50's but of the 12 50's 5 have seen him out in the 90's. Could have had an awesome conversion rate.
All the more impressive when you consider he made three (I think) 50s versus Oz in 2005 before his maiden ton at The Oval.

Scaly piscine

In theory this is the sort of pitch tailenders should do better than average on, but the reality may be different.

If the proper bats get out then it'll probably bog down somewhat.