• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Was just in the pub talking to someone who (allegedly) played for Fidel Edwards+Devon Smith's club in Barbados. He reckons they have perfectly good talent but the selectors aren't doing the team any favours, citing Dave Mohammed, Calvin Williams and Dwayne Bravo's brother as players who are excellent but get nowhere near the team for some reason. Oh, and he thinks Dwayne Smith was a quality player horribly mishandled. Thoughts?
He has no clue.

tooextracool

International Coach
It's so wrong to post this, I know, but when did England last have a No. 7 that's a better batsman than Matt Prior?
I remain to be convinced whether Prior is a better batsman than Craig White. Both had/have obvious problems with their technique and both were excellent players on slower wickets and against spin. Priors footwork is well not very good at all, and whether he can score runs when the ball is moving about remains to be seen. However, even when you take this into account, hes still comfortably a better keeper-batsman than anyone that we have seen since AJ Stewart.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
ps not sure if anyone else has commented on it in this thread, but am I alone in thinking Benn's action looks a bit suspect from side-on?
Hmmm, my dad commented on this but i think he's okay, for me he looks a little dodgy when he bowls his quicker one but i'm not sure if thats just my brain registering its a lot different from his normal action.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's surely a piss take that in the country who gave us Robert Nesta Marley, King Tubby & Jimmy Cliff that we're tortured with Chumba-fuggin'-Wamba between overs? :sick:

tooextracool

International Coach
Stop it, tec, you're killing me
Look Im a pretty big fan of the way Prior has played in the subcontinent, and I have no problem in admitting that he was one of our best batsmen in India. However, if you didnt watch Prior at home in 2007 against India or if you cant open your eyes wide enough right now to observe his blatantly poor footwork especially on the drive, then I cant help you. It remains to be seen how this affects his game against the moving ball.

As far as Craig White is concerned, he has a fairly decent record in the subcontinent for a number 7 and even though he perhaps isnt as accomplished as Prior against spin he did admirably better than anyone expected.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Look Im a pretty big fan of the way Prior has played in the subcontinent, and I have no problem in admitting that he was one of our best batsmen in India. However, if you didnt watch Prior at home in 2007 against India or if you cant open your eyes wide enough right now to observe his blatantly poor footwork especially on the drive, then I cant help you. It remains to be seen how this affects his game against the moving ball.

As far as Craig White is concerned, he has a fairly decent record in the subcontinent for a number 7 and even though he perhaps isnt as accomplished as Prior against spin he did admirably better than anyone expected.
I've no problem with Craig White. In his second coming (after he fell into the ditch and hit his head) he was a revelation - a good player, and particularly a good bowler - and proved me, for one, completely wrong.

As for my eyes, they're wide shut mate.

tooextracool

International Coach
Is Sidebottom really match-fit? Ok so hes fit enough to bowl, but has he bowled enough in 1 warmup game to have shaken up all the rust from not having bowled in over 6 months?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well looks like thats it at 236/5...go to say thats a reasonable position to be in after 90podd for 4. Hopefully these two can go on with it tomorrow morning and put us in the box seat.

Credit to Fred for toughing it out.