• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

pskov

International 12th Man
England desperately need to not lose another wicket until tea. I think on this pitch Panesar and possibly too KP will be threatening, so a total of 230 or so may not be all that bad for England all things considered.

pskov

International 12th Man
All this groaning about Benn being selected but he's looking like Tony Lock on uncovered pitch at the moment! I watched a bit of him in NZ and he seemed alright enough, is this just a freak performance or was the dissatisfaction just with people thinking Jaggernauth was the better bowler, not necessarily that Benn isn't any good?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Beaut from Benn.

Only thing is that annoying me is Ramdin saying "catch it" after every ball. :yawn:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
All this groaning about Benn being selected but he's looking like Tony Lock on uncovered pitch at the moment! I watched a bit of him in NZ and he seemed alright enough, is this just a freak performance or was the dissatisfaction just with people thinking Jaggernauth was the better bowler, not necessarily that Benn isn't any good?
Jaggernauth the better performer domestically this season and career-wise.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Benn find a pair of trousers that fit him. He wore ankle swingers during the New Zealand series and purple socks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can anyone see Freddie lasting any length of time in this situation?
Frankly, no. Benn has been cripplingly unlucky a coupla times in the half dozen or so overs I saw before tea. Fred should mow a few for mine 'cos he ain't gonna be there for long.

KP tho, eh? A god amongst men. Can't be too much wrong with English cricket when we produce players of that quality. :ph34r:

Pitch freshly ploughed before play started, I assume? Looks a fuggin' mess.

Woodster

International Captain
It's a common problem with England unable to up the run rate against slow bowling. I never understand why they don't come down the pitch, think KP has tried it once and Gayle through it leg-side. I appreciate how difficult skipping down the track to Benn may be, as he's turning the ball away from the bat and getting plenty of bounce. But surely worth a try to Gayle, I was expecting Colly to try his favourite skip down and scoop over the mid-wicket region, but it never came.

Would just like us to be a little more pro-active. Although credit where it's due and Benn has certainly been a handful.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a common problem with England unable to up the run rate against slow bowling. I never understand why they don't come down the pitch, think KP has tried it once and Gayle through it leg-side. I appreciate how difficult skipping down the track to Benn may be, as he's turning the ball away from the bat and getting plenty of bounce. But surely worth a try to Gayle, I was expecting Colly to try his favourite skip down and scoop over the mid-wicket region, but it never came.
They could be weary of Gayle's action which would allow him to chance line, length and pace quite late on, one would imagine.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KP playing a few shots now. Meaty edge off Edwards for 4 thru 2nd/3rd slip and now big swing and a miss. Calm down big fella, we're ****ed without you.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If these two stayed together until Flintoff got his 50, at the current rate of the partnership KP would be past his 250!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A bit different from the time they shared a big partnership at Egdbaston :laugh:

Haven't seen any of today's play, family have the Mersey derby on the telly. What's it been like, looks like our usual ****-up?