• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical England shower of piss batting.

How the hell can anyone even consider having Flintoff at 6 and Ambrose at 7 with this lot above them?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
42.6 Steyn to Vaughan, OUT, what a ripper! Vaughan's a shaky starter and this did him in, pitching on a length, middle and off, straightening, and he plays all around it, losing his off stump

I'm guessing this is yet another of those deliveries which Vaughan made look good. Vaughan against any 90mph straight length delivery = useless.
No, it wasn't, it was a massive outswinger that anyone and everyone would find completely impossible to keep out. To think anything else is to insufficiently credit the bowler.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell, I take a shower and come back and see the third wicket fall. I take it they're not bowling rubbish anymore?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
No, it wasn't, it was a massive outswinger that anyone and everyone would find completely impossible to keep out. To think anything else is to insufficiently credit the bowler.
I think it swung late enough to be possibly negated by a large forward stride.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Well...his stride was totally non-existent but it did swing really, really late. To get that ball third up is unlucky in a way.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Morkel looked like doing that once or twice even before lunch, and Cook could have gone pretty much any time.

Can't see Bell standing up to these guys. 150 ao anyone?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's why I rate Morkel highly

Dead track and he bounces out an inform opener
Cook's hardly in-form. That sort of ball might get most batsmen out, but equally you won't bowl many of them. It was pitch more than bowler.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Two quick wickets to the South Africans, and arguably the two most dangerous batsmen in the England line up. Well done Morkel and Steyn, showing there quality.

3/121.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook's hardly in-form. That sort of ball might get most batsmen out, but equally you won't bowl many of them. It was pitch more than bowler.
Well isn't it if the bowler puts the effort in back of a length the pitch will assist him sooner or later?