• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's clearly been lined up for a while though so you have got to have thought he is the first choice, does not make it any less strange though. Moyes probably deserves a shot at a bigger job but this is a really big step up.
Yeah, this is the thing, it's obviously been in the pipeline for a while, but that only makes it seem more strange. One can only think that they are hoping to go for another manager who can carve out a long term presence and keep the solidarity going.

Will be really interesting to see how it pans out.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't expect him to be up to the job straight away but he's intelligent and determined so I hope we give him time to grow into it. It seems the board intend to stick with him but his position could still grow untenable fast if the fans or media aren't on board.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Be interesting to see the reactions if he finishes say 2nd or 3rd next season. Fergie obv didn't win the title every year but you can't help but feel Moyes will be under immense pressure from himself to get one in the bag as soon as he can.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still don't know if Dean Moxey is related to me, and if he is how far removed.

Haven't ever really been arsed to find out, my sister reckons he is, but if he makes the Prem maybe I should find out.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Desperate for Reading to get a result against Spurs today. Read this morning that AVB apparently has 3 games to save his job, which is pretty funny. Will be interesting to see how he deals with the Lloris/Friedel situation. Seems like he's deploying the same "I don't give a **** who I piss off, I'm doing things my way" approach that got him the chop at Chelsea.
In hindsight it's a shame Spurs didn't press the panic button.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
De Gea's not even a decent second choice for a League One side, let's be honest. Might be worth picking if he's playing against a team of midgets who refuse to ever cross the ball i.e. Barcelona. Otherwise he's absolute balls.
Top post. :D

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
News leaking all over the interweb tonight that City have today agreed a deal with Pellegrini to replace Mancini next season.

The good thing is that if true the timing is ideal, what with City not having a Cup final or anything tomorrow.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anyone think Wigan are a chance tonight at all?

Last two rounds of the league are going to be fantastic, still a lot left to play for, for most clubs anyhow.

EDIT: Have taken Monday the 20th off, will be having my last round party as usual, haha. Apart from all the crucial results, it'll be great to see Fergie and Moyes walk out for the last time for their respective clubs.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sorry Sm00teh, will be rooting for Wigan today.

Also, if City axe Mancini that can only be good for them, he's a poor coach.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Moyes first act as Man U manager might be to knock Chelsea out of the Champions League next week if it stays as it is then. Rafa won't care though as long as he wins that trophy. :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry Sm00teh, will be rooting for Wigan today.

Also, if City axe Mancini that can only be good for them, he's a poor coach.
Nah, ****ing hate Wigan. ****ty little pretend football club with a Tory **** for a chairman. Man's such a **** he even wanted a minute's silence for that renowned friend of football Thatcher.

Sooner Whelan goes (more) senile, bankrupt or dies and nature take its course the better.

Martinez is a good man tho, but. Toffees could do worse.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would be gun if they lost the Europa final and finished 5th after playing the amount of games they have this season.

That win at OT gave them a nice buffer though.