• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Big big goal for Wigan that. They never give up.

Makes the relegation race interesting again.

Sunderland should be worried especially with their freefall.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, makes the relegation battle more interesting. Don't like Wigan much can't see the point really, but would be hilarious if they could relegate a "big Club", or even West Ham.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunderland were ridiculously fortunate to get a point at home to ten-man Norwich today. Nasty little run of fixtures coming up for them too.

grecian

In order of ****tiness of teams I want to go down, and likely. Figuring QPR and Reading are down, I'd go.

Stoke, urgh
Sunderland, terrible football, O'Neill, just awful, never forgiven them for 89 League Cup
West Ham, purely on the BFS factor, owners not much better though
Aston Villa, dull town, dull team
Newcastle, mainly for there "best supporters in the World" sthick
Wigan, meh
Norwich, I forgive them knocking us out of the FA Cup in 90, because they play decent football, and have played in a League with us recently
Southampton, because they play decent football, and have played in a League with us recently

Copy and paste used for the last two

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In order of ****tiness of teams I want to go down, and likely. Figuring QPR and Reading are down, I'd go.

Stoke, urgh
Sunderland, terrible football, O'Neill, just awful, never forgiven them for 89 League Cup
West Ham, purely on the BFS factor, owners not much better though
Aston Villa, dull town, dull team
Newcastle, mainly for there "best supporters in the World" sthick
Wigan, meh
Norwich, I forgive them knocking us out of the FA Cup in 90, because they play decent football, and have played in a League with us recently
Southampton, because they play decent football, and have played in a League with us recently

Copy and paste used for the last two
More or less my list too. Would rather Wham and Villa went down before Sunderland though.

Pothas

Really wanted Villa to go down last year but actually kind of like their side this season.

Stoke easily the side I most want to go down with Sunderland second, add nothing to the league.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really wanted Villa to go down last year but actually kind of like their side this season.
Yeah same, feel completely different about them now that McDire is gone. They're not painfully dull and reactionary anymore, they're a very experimental side that's full of young players and can't defend for ****. It's loads of fun to watch.

Sunderland are this year's Birmingham. Fairly indifferent between Villa, So'ton and Wigan but I'd love Sunderland to go down.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Buck should stop with Mancini imo. Not good tactically, has been awful in the transfer market. Should be sacked.
That's all well and good except that Mancini has nothing to do with who was brought in, he gives a list of who he wants and Marwood then tries to sign them. He wanted Robin Van Persie, Eden Hazard and Daniele De Rossi. He got Maicon, Scott Sinclair and Javi Garcia. I'm not sure any manager would be thrilled with that.

The only player that he wanted and got was Nastasic, who after a little bit of a rough start has been very good IMO.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely they'd have been on some sort of list though? Can't imagine Marwood just went '****, we've missed RvP, I know, I'll get Scott Sinclair, the next best thing.'

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Oh I'm sure they were on his list somewhere, and I reckon we would've gotten Maicon anyway just through Mancini's relationship with him and his desire to play 5 at the back early on in the season. I was just pointing out that whilst I'm sure he had some say in those players coming in, I don't think he can be held solely responsible for them when he doesn't deal with the transfers directly and quite obviously coveted superior players who the management missed out on.

If he is to be sacked, it shouldn't have anything to do with the transfers over the last season. He wanted two of the top 10 players in the league and the management had a go but missed on both of them. He should be sacked only if there is a superior alternative ready to take over. We risk becoming Chelsea if managers are let go without a plan in place to replace.

social

Their transfer record for the past two seasons has been pretty poor on the whole tbh. Not only have they overspent, but they've just brought in loads of players who have under-performed and/or had no impact. What's worse, is that even at the time of purchase, a lot of them looked very dubious from the get go.

Buck should stop with Mancini imo. Not good tactically, has been awful in the transfer market. Should be sacked.
If Mancini was managing the sheikh's team in the UAE, the chances are that he would have been sacked by now

However, Man City is very different in that it has the eyes of the footballing world upon it so the guys around the owner will do everything that they can to ensure he is regarded in a good light

If that means giving Mancini more time so that his sacking isnt seen as being a knee-jerk reaction, then so be it

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, was about to say the same thing actually. Didn't see the game, but sounds like Rodgers made some very questionable calls by putting Skrtel and Allen back in the team today. Sounds like they both had shocking games as well.
To be fair, hindsight is 20-20. They weren't just bad, they were abysmal. I don't think he, nor anyone, could have predicted how they ended up playing. Credit to Southampton though, they killed us. If we had gotten anything from the match it would have been daylight robbery.