Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Religious comments by Ahmed Shehzad to Dilshan

Religious comments by Ahmed Shehzad to Dilshan

Pakistan probe into Shehzad-Dilshan religious chat

Pathetic behavior. Dilshan and later Suraj Randiv left Islam for the people who don't know the background.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Was it supposed to be banter? Get ready for a broken ****ing afterlife has a better ring to it.
    sangfroid likes this.
    RIP Craigos

International Regular
    Its pretty ordinary isn't it. If he is found guilty I'd imagine a ban of some description is in order.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Yeah. Quite surprising really.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I'm going to withhold judgement on this one until Dilshan either makes a statement or files a complaint. It's the sort of thing you'd commonly hear as banter between two mates of different religions I think but if it was meant to be a proper sledge then it's obviously not on. Depends how it was meant and how Dilshan took it really.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Dilshan is an apostate.

There's video evidence as well. But apparently Dilshan is not going to press charges. May be higher forces close to being divine is at work. PCB has been a good allie of SLC. most probably will be swept under the carpet.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    "You're gonna burn for eternity unless you become a ........" is the basest and most pathetic way to try and get people to adhere to your religion. No time for that sort of crap.
    ankitj and Jono like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'm going to withhold judgement on this one until Dilshan either makes a statement or files a complaint. It's the sort of thing you'd commonly hear as banter between two mates of different religions I think but if it was meant to be a proper sledge then it's obviously not on. Depends how it was meant and how Dilshan took it really.
    I disagree TBH. Whether Dilshan files a complaint should be immaterial in this case.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    From what I have experienced, these things are not said in banter. People usually mean it when they say it.

International Vice-Captain
    Depends if you say it out of concern or arrogance,depends on the situation.
    If you genuinely believe in hell you can be worried for the person.
    If it said in arrogance well that shows the manner of the person.
    Personally i would not say it.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Hell's not real. It's invented by religions to scare people into compliance/donations/loyalty...
    ankitj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Yeah, I can see what you mean and that bringing up concerns like that could be doing an, at least, well meant thing to do. The problem here though is that it was in a context where the big questions should be miles away i.e: a cricket pitch where it could be seen as a dodgy sledge. (if it was in, say, a relaxed post match conversation and he said something like "mate, I'm worried..." then it would be a different story).
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    If they were having Ford Vs Holden debate, an argument about US Foreign Policy, or an altercation about whether Tendulkar is greater than Bradman then in it is very likely that we wouldn't be reading about it in the media.

However, just because the topic of discussion involves someones religious faith we all go "tut-tut" and blubber "well he shouldn't do that!" like a bunch of mamby-pamby school girls getting upset at someone criticising Justin Beeber's hairstyle.

Shezhad may have well told that Dilshan that "Zeus will send you to Hades if you don't believe in Aphrodite" for all it's worth. It really is about as serious as that and not worth anyones time.

The fact that Shazhad's comments might actually mean something significant indicates that a percentage of the planet is still stuck in the Bronze Age, or perhaps more to the point - the Dark Ages.
    Last edited by watson; 04-09-2014 at 02:15 PM.

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    storm in a supremely fine cup of tea for me...no complaints made..move on..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    The whole thing would be completely trivial were it not for the perception we westerners have of Muslims not having much of a sense of humour about their religion.

I'd like to think Dilshan's response was something like "You can keep your 72 virgins, mate, I'll settle for being one with the universe."
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information