• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Completely forgot about Ojha. He's the third best spinner in the world after Jeeets and Herath. Shocking he can't get a game.

I still don't rate Ashwin.
Apart from the fact that I'm 99% sure Ohja is a fully paid member of the long sleeve club too. I've always found his action iffy and I'm quite sure if they continue down this path, he will be called eventually too.

Beamer

PS if we do lose Narine (which I highly doubt) Devendra Bishoo may well return to international cricket and he is a pretty damn good leggie, far more talented than many of the spinners mentioned more recently in this thread. I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PS if we do lose Narine (which I highly doubt) Devendra Bishoo may well return to international cricket and he is a pretty damn good leggie, far more talented than many of the spinners mentioned more recently in this thread. I guess every cloud has a silver lining.
Nagamootoo.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Seeing as Narine hasn't been called in international cricket he remains on my list purely on talent alone.

Hereth
Lyon
Ohja
Narine

Sunny will take the crown if he has a run in test cricket that lasts longer than five minutes imo...as quite frankly no-one else around has his array of skills right now.
The only shock here is that the rest of the top 4 aren't Benn, Shillingford and Nikita Miller

Beamer

Dave Mohammed. What fabulous T20 figures! Get him in the team ASAP.
Ah yes, a blast from the past. Dave could bowl, just unfortunately not well enough for test cricket as he hardly spun his chinaman deliveries. His cult status was fun for a while but ultimately he was a bit of a fool and his antics became annoying.

hearting Rawl Lewis & Dinanath Ramnarine 4eva
Rawl Lewis was the West Indian Ian Salisbury, so the less said about him the better..

Ramnarine was actually a class leg spinner IMHO. Many other teams would have made something of him, he had all the tools. Unfortunately, he liked his Rotis a bit too much and had a poor attitude to fitness. Hooper refused to have him in his team and froze him out. These events made Dinas the most militant players association leader in living memory!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan news : Mohammad Hafeez defiant over legality of action | Cricket News | Pakistan v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

"I am surprised over my action being reported because I am bowling like this for the last 11 years," he said. "I have played six major world events: two World Cups and three World Twenty20s and nobody had ever questioned my action, this is a big surprise for me."

Given that the good Professor appears unable to count to six, it seems unlikely that he has any knowledge of whether his flex exceeds fifteen degrees.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
pretty much comes back to needing to weed it out in school cricket because the longer you keep a habit the harder it is to break. But of course, mentioning chucking is utter taboo and sour grapes even when the opposition opening bowler practically asks where the diamond is.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Boards ultimately have to ensure that no one can make it through to domestic cricket with a dodgy action