• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

thierry henry

International Coach
Have to be impressed by the way Mitch is bowling atm, but....is he actually that good? Reason I ask is, people keep on saying his attributes are "he's aggressive and hits the pitch hard", yet every time I watch him bowl he's hitting the same sort of speeds that Kyle Mills does on a good day. Is he secretly a nagging, accurate swing bowler pretending to be a tearaway? I'm not watching atm, is he hitting good speeds? Weird thing is, the speedo will say 135kph but batsman play him as if he's quick.

Mike5181

International Captain
Have to be impressed by the way Mitch is bowling atm, but....is he actually that good? Reason I ask is, people keep on saying his attributes are "he's aggressive and hits the pitch hard", yet every time I watch him bowl he's hitting the same sort of speeds that Kyle Mills does on a good day. Is he secretly a nagging, accurate swing bowler pretending to be a tearaway? I'm not watching atm, is he hitting good speeds? Weird thing is, the speedo will say 135kph but batsman play him as if he's quick.
He's more of a 137-141 bowler.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can definitely see where you're coming from. Perhaps it's the fairly slow approach to the crease that makes the ball seem relatively quicker. He does generate good bounce sometimes though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The two danger men at the crease now.

In other news, Simon Toull thought NcCullum should have been dropped instead of Hira. :laugh:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dear God of the cricketing world,

Please don't let Rutherford turn out to be an unco in the field like Nicol.

Thanks

thierry henry

International Coach
Can definitely see where you're coming from. Perhaps it's the fairly slow approach to the crease that makes the ball seem relatively quicker. He does generate good bounce sometimes though.
Yep I'm not hating...just, in terms of his future prospects, I don't really see what compelling attributes he has. He's neither very fast nor very tall and as far as I'm aware he's not known as a canny swing bowler or for being super accurate.

thierry henry

International Coach
Mark Richardson is officially New Zealand's Ian Healy.
I know I'm the guy that hates everything but....every single one of our commentators is just awful. Just fundamentally moronic in their analysis of the game (and these dozy ***** used to play for us!). I even like some of the Aussie and English comms, but absolutely none of ours.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah was just thinking the same. There's a paradox isn't there, you want your team to win every game but you also want every game to be meaningful. Wouldn't be thinking like that for the Tests though, obvs.
Certainly agree about the tests. This is just the appetiser anyway and deep down does any fan really mind if they lose this series as long as a few new players show they are up to it like the new lad McClenaghan has for NZ?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yep I'm not hating...just, in terms of his future prospects, I don't really see what compelling attributes he has. He's neither very fast nor very tall and as far as I'm aware he's not known as a canny swing bowler or for being super accurate.
So far he is smarter at LO bowling than Bracewell so if he just turns out to be a good white ball bowler I will take that.