• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Probably a lack of warm up games. :ph34r:
Obviously it doesn't help, but they had three before visiting India and Australia.

If you're referring to my earlier post, it was more a comment on how it's unrealistic to have several warm up games for every series with the number of international games played nowadays.

Mike5181

International Captain
Hard to be critical of a bowler who's taken 3 wickets in a session, but Wagner is still a bit all over the shop for mine.
He has a bit. Probably done more than Bracewell would have. This partnership is massive. We get one of these guys early we'll be in such a good position.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I agree that Indian bats play swing fine, its the bounce which troubles them. They all play the ball late, which gets you into trouble when the ball is pinging of the surface

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to be critical of a bowler who's taken 3 wickets in a session, but Wagner is still a bit all over the shop for mine.
How have Southee and Boult bowled in general (I only have radio and cricinfo)? Reason I ask is that if they're at least somewhat consistent and threatening then batsmen often go for pressure release against another less accurate bowler i.e. Wagner. And that can go badly i.e. Cook and Bell's dismissals off Wagner.

Southee and Boult do bowl well together, but take one away as against South Africa and we lose that pressure buildup.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
How have Southee and Boult bowled in general (I only have radio and cricinfo)?
Pretty good.

Boult's been a touch more consistent and his pace has been quite good, regularly high 130s early 140s. Southee has been a touch wide.

Neither have produced unplayable balls. This pitch really doesn't suit them at all. There's almost no swing to speak of.

So pretty bloody good in tough conditions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, great Jeets photo in the stuff article:

Can't be too harsh on Patel's behaviour after his mother died suddenly, and lost his place in the NZ side to boot. Pretty dumb from Vettori though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
wtf has Colly done to his hand?
Durham County Cricket Club can confirm that LV=County Championship Captain Paul Collingwood has undergone surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in his right thumb.

The injury was sustained over the winter and follows on from the fracture of the hand he sustained during the middle of last season whilst batting against Warwickshire.

The surgery had to be delayed until now to allow inflammation in the soft tissues to settle down, which were then used in the tendon grafting process.

Paul will have 10 days of complete rest and spend 3 weeks in a protective splint before commencing a rehabilitation programme which should see him fit for the start of the 2013 season.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
NZ are in a great position here tbh. When you get a side out cheaply due to batsmen errors you are in a far stronger position than if its due to the pitch or conditions. NZ just have to bat well and I could see them winning. Early days though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolute ****house from England. Try remembering how to ****ing bat before you've already lost as many wickets in one session as you should have lost for the entire day.

Meridio

International Regular
NZ are in a great position here tbh. When you get a side out cheaply due to batsmen errors you are in a far stronger position than if its due to the pitch or conditions. NZ just have to bat well and I could see them winning. Early days though.
Yeah, well, that's the difficult bit.