• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Commies talking as if it's one of Root or Compton for the test side. Not both?
Yeah, that's how I see it.

Root seems to have jumped ahead of Bluey in the pecking order.

Ah, Bell. Half-arsed slog sweep caught on the leg side boundary to give Chuck Throwiamson a scalp.

stumpski

International Captain
Well that was unnecessary ... Williamson has a 4-for in ODIs though, tbf. Same BB figures as Michael Vaughan, and he seems a similar type of bowler. May go for a few but will nip in with the odd wicket as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well that was unnecessary ... Williamson has a 4-for in ODIs though, tbf. Same BB figures as Michael Vaughan, and he seems a similar type of bowler. May go for a few but will nip in with the odd wicket as well.
Mick to sue, surely? If that ain't defamation...

stumpski

International Captain
Sky put the score up in a half-arsed fashion don't they - they put up 'overs bowled' and 'runs required' - so it looks as if we need 175 off 22. That equation will get a lot easier though. :)

stumpski

International Captain
Mick to sue, surely? If that ain't defamation...
Qualified my comment, to avoid the attentions of m'learned friends ...

Actually, I'm not convinced that Williamson is throwing it (although I'd need to see him in slo-mo). I don't think that his arm straightens at any point.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm kind of hoping Trott bats for at least 10 overs and we sneak the odd wicket at the other end.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Seeing a part-time offspinner come around the wicket to right-hander to keep him to the leg-side single that's all the batsman wants to get; makes you wonder what you're doing with your life

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing a part-time offspinner come around the wicket to right-hander to keep him to the leg-side single that's all the batsman wants to get; makes you wonder what you're doing with your life
Williamson is a weird one. He is a part-timer, but has an uncanny ability to bowl really good spells against good opposition once in a while.