• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Tom Maynard

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the fact that he didn't get a chance to fulfil his potential, way, way too early. So gutted.

My twitter fead has flooded with tributes. Was really moving reading them all.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Amen to that. MInd you, the one article I saw talkied about the boys' condition improving, so hopefully they're on the mend.

Shocking news though. My son is 10 and he'll be in the nets tonight. Spencer are one of the teams we play against, so this feels pretty close to home. I reckon all of the parents will be pretty sombre.
Please let him be wrong. Please.
Going by the lack of news my friends contact rechecked. Reckons he hit on a rogue site that does a good job in looking like a 'proper' news site but is not.

So, fingers crossed.

Where does your son play wpdavid?

I know the Spencer Club well - played there many times (and umpired a few) over the years. It is not inconceivable that I could have been umpiring the game that was taking place when this happened - I do know one of the umpires who was standing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Going by the lack of news my friends contact rechecked. Reckons he hit on a rogue site that does a good job in looking like a 'proper' news site but is not.

So, fingers crossed.

Where does your son play wpdavid?
He plays for Cheam. His year group isn't actually due to play Spencer this summer, although the age-group below go there in a couple of weeks time - and that's the age whose boys were involved in the accident. One can only hope that they'll be well on the road to recovery by then.

Andre

International Regular
Seriously, in your continued quest for a laugh and to be the cool guy you have to post a picture of his girlfriend?

A young bloke just died. Not the time for your continued poor humour.

Thoughts to his family and friends.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
He plays for Cheam. His year group isn't actually due to play Spencer this summer, although the age-group below go there in a couple of weeks time - and that's the age whose boys were involved in the accident. One can only hope that they'll be well on the road to recovery by then.
Good Club Cheam.

Absolute road of a pitch - or certainly used to be........

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, in your continued quest for a laugh and to be the cool guy you have to post a picture of his girlfriend?

A young bloke just died. Not the time for your continued poor humour.

Thoughts to his family and friends.
Thought it was more a comment on the Daily Mail finding it necessary to cover their website in her image. Pretty pathetic by the paper, really - "Tom Maynard just died and the cricketing community is in shock. Screw it, let's get some eye candy on the story."

No, you pathetic ****s.

EDIT: Directed at the paper, obvs.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Daily Mail are the lowest of the low, they're just vile people who write for other vile people and debase both themselves and their vile readership in the process

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Daily Mail are the lowest of the low, they're just vile people who write for other vile people and debase both themselves and their vile readership in the process

To be fair to the Mail (that's a sentence I never thought I'd write), the Scum have also led with the pic. Clearly the most important part of the story.

Our Tabloid press, it's really something to be proud of.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the Sun v the Mail is a nasty little competition. For my money the Mail takes the prize for its outstanding vindictiveness and sanctimoniousness. But it's Shipman v Nilsen really isn't it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, the Sun v the Mail is a nasty little competition. For my money the Mail takes the prize for its outstanding vindictiveness and sanctimoniousness. But it's Shipman v Nilsen really isn't it.
The Mail takes the prize for me because the Sun knows that it's a paper for morons. The Daily Mail is supposed to be a serious paper.