• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn vs Allan Donald vs Shaun Pollock

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dekock and Rhodes out gibbs and boucher in.
Fair enough. I'll stick with mine.

Can understand the Boucher call, but I think deKock has done enough and will continue to develop. Gibbs cgagf as far as I'm concerned, I'd never pick the ****.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So pick your own team and **** off. God forbid someone has an opinion not the same as yours.
Ok let's all just sit on our PCs and just write our own teams and pat ourselves on the back and not let anyone debate whether the team was good or ****. Seriously this is a forum. Piss off if you don't want to discuss the team which you yourself posted in the thread.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So pick your own team and **** off. God forbid someone has an opinion not the same as yours.
Amla
Gibbs
Kallis
Cronje
ABdV
Klusener
Boucher
Pollock
Morkel
Donald
Tahir

Faf being in there is probably premature, cbf actually giving it serious thought. Ntini possibly unlucky to miss out as well. I'm omitting Smith because Gibbs was an ATG ring fielder as well. Faf-Gibbs-ABdV is a pretty ****ing handy ring.

In fact, swapping Faf out for Cronje.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Amla
2 Kirsten
3 Gibbs
4 Kallis
5 de Villiers+
6 Rhodes
7 Klusener
8 Pollock
9 Morkel
10 Donald
11 Tahir

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok let's all just sit on our PCs and just write our own teams and pat ourselves on the back and not let anyone debate whether the team was good or ****. Seriously this is a forum. Piss off if you don't want to discuss the team which you yourself posted in the thread.
It's not the discussion, I love discussion, it's this faux aggression that you seem to want to present to others on the forum.

Comments like "how on earth has..." get pretty grating after a while.

OverratedSanity

It's not the discussion, I love discussion, it's this faux aggression that you seem to want to present to others on the forum.

Comments like "how on earth has..." get pretty grating after a while.
That wasn't aggressive at all.

But seriously, De Kock?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i would rate as Donald, Steyn, Pollock because Donald had natural aggression towards the batsman with his deliveries whilst I reckon Steyn bowls better after he has been wound up. Pollock had great movement but not as much raw pace as the other two..Never forget that spell from AD to Atherton at trent bridge in 98..simply awesome..

OverratedSanity

I definitely reckon Steyn's outswinger isn't as good as it was 4-5 years ago. He's not as deadly with the new ball as he was back then hooping the ball away prodigiously. Still gets loads of wickets though.

Spark

Global Moderator
I definitely reckon Steyn's outswinger isn't as good as it was 4-5 years ago. He's not as deadly with the new ball as he was back then hooping the ball away prodigiously. Still gets loads of wickets though.
Yeah I haven't seen him bowling one of those amazing Cape Town like spells in a while now. But you expect that, he's getting on in years a bit and he'll rely on other, subtler weapons more often now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shaun Pollock @7polly7
We will all go thru hard times in our lives,the point isn't 2 pretend 2 b happy when we face that pain but 2 have a +ve outlook at that time