• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The batsmen who make batting look the most effortless and simple.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
The most elegant and effortless batsman I have seen is Stephen Fleming,

I don't think I have seen any other player who has made batting looked so appealing, simple and easy as much as Stephen Fleming.

Take a look at this innings against Pak-

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_uw0EkC9A&feature=related

Who according to you is the most elegant and effortless batsman you have seen?
And also post a video link if possible.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
David Gower.

Then Mark Waugh, then Damien Martyn - the master of the forward defence for four.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
VVS Laxman will probably qualify as Elegant and easy on the eye. Virendra Sehwag will probably qualify as effortless and simple.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Batting looked simple when Inzamam-ul Haq or VVS Laxman were on song - they had that lazy elegance in their batting that I haven't seen in anyone else's.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Bell is a current favourite of mine. Totally different player in the last couple of years and a joy to watch now.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Greg Chappell, David Gower and Mark Waugh probably my top 3.

EDIT - 6k up. Woot.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Of the current lot, VVS, Amla, Clarke, Bell certainly make batting look a straightforward task when on song.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mohammed Wasim. Didn't so much caress the ball as capture it, give it a loving peck on the seam and gently release it to the boundary.

Himannv

International Coach
Mahela on certain sorts of pitches. He dominates quite easily while everyone else looks as though they're struggling to even get bat on ball and work singles.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
VVS Laxman will probably qualify as Elegant and easy on the eye. Virendra Sehwag will probably qualify as effortless and simple.
I dunno i kinda find the way laxman crouches over his bat he looks kind of ungainly. there's no doubt when he plays strokes though he makes it look easy and natural.

i guess bell at present looks technically correct and just caresses the ball