• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who was the better AUSTRALIAN CRICKETER: Akram or McGrath?

Who was the better AUSTRALIAN CRICKETER: Akram or McGrath

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Add another word to this question and it becomes almost impossible to split between the two.

Personally, I'd pick John Howard.

EDIT: **** it! Forgot to add the poll until it was too late...can someone add a poll with the following options:

1) Wasim Akram
2) Glenn McGrath
3) John Howard
4) Shane Barramundi

? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
McGrath was far better at cheating and he deserves credit from Australians for his cheating, so he gets my vote.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
haha........get some originality PEWS......stop copying that poor banned soul who came up with this statement :p
He has opened my eyes to just how truly great McGrath was, though. We all know he was an awesome bowler with his accuracy, bounce, movement, cricketing vision and competitive edge, but he was also one of the greatest cheaters of all time, and he deserves credit for that. That member must be a true McGrath fan as he's opened my eyes to realise he was in fact the greatest cricketer of all time - something SS never achieved in his fanboy rantings.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
He has opened my eyes to just how truly great McGrath was, though. We all know he was an awesome bowler with his accuracy, bounce, movement, cricketing vision and competitive edge, but he was also one of the greatest cheaters of all time, and he deserves credit for that. That member must be a true McGrath fan as he's opened my eyes to realise he was in fact the greatest cricketer of all time - something SS never achieved in his fanboy rantings.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gun post

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh dear, leave the both alone.
I wonder if Wasim had ever debated with himself whether he was better than McGrath (or vice-versa) as much as we have debated.