• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the post-1980 Test Hundreds

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone mentioned Steve Waugh's ton at the SCG in 2003?

Or half of Laxman's centuries? :ph34r:

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gooch's for me. Funny thing I never really liked him, scored quickly, but was so brutish, most of the time I felt he was a ftb, before the term was invented, killed Gower's career, whom I loved. Yet that 154, was just frighteningly good, the best I've seen by a margin.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
OK let me begin with some admissions.
1. This isn't a Test innings.
2. It's not a century.
3. I don't even like the **** whose achievement it was.

But nonetheless a sublime innings that cannot be left out of account in any discussion of this sort:

From a Cricinfo article:

"Robin Marlar had few pretensions as a batsman, and those consisted of trying to hit every ball as far as possible. An oft-repeated story tells of the time Doug Insole, his captain, sent him in as a nightwatchman much to Marlar's disgust as, according to a version of the tale told by Stephen Chalke, he had already changed into evening dress. Despite protestations, Marlar was sent to the middle, heaved his first ball for six and was stumped by some distance off the second. "As I was saying," he remarked to Insole. "I am not a nightwatchman." His actions were not unusual for a man who a contemporary recalled was followed onto the field by his side while captain of Sussex "only out of curiosity"

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nomination : Kapil Dev's hundred in SA. Can someone help me with the scorecard link? I am on mobile.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman