• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

400 Test wickets

Will there ever be another bowler to take 400 Test match wickets.

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif and Steyn are my picks from the current lot.

From the newer ones..I highly doubt it..not because of lack of quality but because the number of test match cricket being played will reduce over the next few years.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Asif and Steyn are my picks from the current lot.

From the newer ones..I highly doubt it..not because of lack of quality but because the number of test match cricket being played will reduce over the next few years.
Asif is no chance of 400. 17 Tests in 5 years does not suggest of a bowler who is suddenly to play the next 70-85 Tests he would need to reach 400.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not for England it won't.We will still have 6 or 7 tests a home summer and a couple of tours a winter.No reduction there is there.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Would not rule out an upcoming Australian bowler like George or Copeland to take 400 wickets in test cricket.

TumTum

Banned
Would not rule out an upcoming Australian bowler like George or Copeland to take 400 wickets in test cricket.
Copeland is already 24 and there is a long way to go before he plays a Test match.

I would like to say Josh Hazlewood will be a great bowler of the future and will break 500 Test wickets :happy:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori and Harbajhan will, if Ntini gets a recall he probably will, Steyn might unless he declines, Aamer could if Pakistan start playing tests again, etc.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Don't think it's fair to say bowlers who haven't yet made their debut will take 400 wickets.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif is no chance of 400. 17 Tests in 5 years does not suggest of a bowler who is suddenly to play the next 70-85 Tests he would need to reach 400.
The reason he has played 17 tests is not because of lack of quality but because of external factors.
Assuming his career is not uninterrupted by these external factors, I dont see why not.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He's a quality bowler and certainly capable but obviously he's just too much of an idiot to make it worthwhile. What a waste of talent. The Asif and Aamer combination sounds fascinating but I doubt we'd see much of it.
Easiest is to hand him over to SL. Here it is much more disciplined.:ph34r: