• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mickey Arthur quits

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So what about the Windies then? :p i mean we've clearly got some wonderful talent coming through the ranks, the best bunch of any nation imo and the fight we put up against the Aussies without many of our star names might be a sign of things to come, no offence to the NZ fans but i think we'd be a better option to be honest.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think WI could afford his wages. I also don't think I'd want him. And I also don't think the incumbent staff has done any unimpressive so far.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't think WI could afford his wages. I also don't think I'd want him. And I also don't think the incumbent staff has done any unimpressive so far.
Well the man is young with a proven record so what more could we ask for? we've been waiting for a new coach for ages now and there doesn't seem to be any outstanding candidates, Ottis Gibson might be rubbing shoulders with the England set up but there's a big difference between just coaching the bowlers and coaching a whole national side, who do you think we should get? and why don't you like Arthur?.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Whilst it may not be a bad fit I cant see any way that he goes to WI. No top coach wants to lose the vast majority of their games, work for a board with a terrible reputation and for typically less money than elsewhere.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Whilst it may not be a bad fit I cant see any way that he goes to WI. No top coach wants to lose the vast majority of their games, work for a board with a terrible reputation and for typically less money than elsewhere.
AWTA. For everything on field that appeals, there are probably two off-field factors that would make the job less desireable.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
With the talent we've got coming through though any decent coach can see that this MIGHT be a new dawn for West Indian cricket :unsure: , i mean you say we'd "lose the vast majority" but to be honest i think we can give anyone a game at home if we have our strongests line-up, outside the top three or four i don't see anyone to fear.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
With the talent we've got coming through though any decent coach can see that this MIGHT be a new dawn for West Indian cricket :unsure: , i mean you say we'd "lose the vast majority" but to be honest i think we can give anyone a game at home if we have our strongests line-up, outside the top three or four i don't see anyone to fear.
In the last 2 years WI have played 19 Tests (mostly with their first choice team) and won 2, the 'talent' is both unproven and without stellar records and the best player is over 35 years old.

IMO, you have a lot of faith based not much. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In the last 2 years WI have played 19 Tests (mostly with their first choice team) and won 2, the 'talent' is both unproven and without stellar records and the best player is over 35 years old.

IMO, you have a lot of faith based not much. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though.
That's the kind of notion held by someone living in the past imo, i'm talking about the side who had Australia on the back foot in the last two tests the other day, and the last time i checked Gayle and Bravo were not "over 35 year old" :laugh: , Chanders hasn't been the main man ages now, my view is we've got the best talent coming through our ranks along with some superstars who are already in the side, in the past year we've more than matched both England and Australia for large spells which is more than a lot of other teams can say.

Last edited:

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Mike Proctor's just confirmed that the entire selection panel has been sacked. This actually rings pretty sinister. There's been nothing, certainly performance wise, to suggest the reasons for a clearout of this magnitude, especially just a few days before a major tour.

CSA also seem rather coy about discussing the reasons behind this, which is ridiculous pretty frankly, something of time scale shouldn't be announced as if it were the tea lady retiring.

Flem274*

123/5
South Africa will never be number one if theyre going to continue this current bout of retardism off the field.

Doubt whoevers doing the sacking sees it that way though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why hasn't there been a "Damn BCCI" in this thread yet? :p

Anyways, what is up with all the boards? Looks like the subcontinental influence is "truly" spreading..

Sir Alex

Banned
Why hasn't there been a "Damn BCCI" in this thread yet? :p

Anyways, what is up with all the boards? Looks like the subcontinental influence is "truly" spreading..
Damn BCCI.. surely a conspiracy to derail SA squad before it lands in INdia for the all imp series... :p