• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't get more pathetic for an Australian team than an innings defeat in the Ashes in Adelaide of all places.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. Just wow. Heads have to roll, but dunno who comes in to be honest, England have played like true champions, all credit. Scored 5/10000000 and bowled us out for nothing twice, our side isnt crap either, but we are being made to play like crap alright.
Hughes for Katich
D Hussey or my grand mother for North
The bowling? O'Keefe for Doherty maybe? Are they going to slaughter Harris and or Bollinger for a bad match here? Seems they give the bowlers a lot less leeway than batsmen

simmy

International Regular
Hughes for Katich
The bowling? O'Keefe for Doherty maybe? Are they going to slaughter Harris and or Bollinger for a bad match here? Seems they give the bowlers a lot less leeway than batsmen
O'Keefe seemed so decent in the Aus A game and has ridiculous FC averages with both bat and ball. Surely he has to come in.

I hope they pick Steve Smith though :P

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hughes for Katich
Harris didn't bowl badly IMO. Provided he's fit enough he's the one bowler from the current lineup who should be safe. Siddle's Brisbane haul will probably save him, Bollinger's a tricky one. Johnson got binned for less, but at the same time you can't just keep chopping and changing the bowling lineup everytime they have a bad game.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
So who's going to go from this Aussie side?
Katich out injured
North dropped
Doherty dropped
Possibly a quick or 2 dropped?

Could be a vastly differently Aussie side for the 3rd test.

I'd like to see them bring in some new blood england haven't seen before. Give someone like Copeland a go

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
O'Keefe seemed so decent in the Aus A game and has ridiculous FC averages with both bat and ball. Surely he has to come in.

I hope they pick Steve Smith though :P
They won't pick O'Keefe, needs another 5 or 6 years in state cricket first so he can come into the team with some experience behind him. This allows the selectors to pretend we're still the team we were from 1995 to 2007 which requires them to not do much.

howardj

International Coach
Hughes for Katich
Harris had a good match though.

The Rug must go for Johson

North out for Hughes

Dohers for Horrie.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris didn't bowl badly IMO. Provided he's fit enough he's the one bowler from the current lineup who should be safe. Siddle's Brisbane haul will probably save him, Bollinger's a tricky one. Johnson got binned for less, but at the same time you can't just keep chopping and changing the bowling lineup everytime they have a bad game.
Well tbf I haven't seen any of it, but Harris' figures at least looked tidy in terms of keeping runs down. Dougeh went round the ground it seems, which tbf is not his usual way over here.

Be interesting - being one down the WACA may be lively. The past few years there have been lively Shield decks there but the Test wicket has been flat as a tack. If it is you'd be filthy as a quick to have bowled for nigh on three days on a highway then get rissoled just when they roll out a deck with something in it at Perth.

Doherty gone.

Dougeh to ton up here.

Dougeh!