• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like you're the one who seems quite bitter about the whole deal. Personally, I love the fact that KP, Morgan ect all play for England.
Mate, this grew out of a post looking for batting prospects in Oz ending with "y" and I replied with Saff"y" for England

Some people take offence to that because they're touchy on the subject as to whether Eng produce decent players

Whilst the reality is that the best "English" batsmen are Strauss, KP and Trott who were born in SA (but no-one ****ing cares), the reality is that NO-ONE ****ING CARES

Last edited:

Jarquis

Nobody cares that Trott, Strauss, Prior and Pietersen were born in South Africa, we care about the fact it's brought up again and again by dunderheaded people like you.

Everybody knows they were born overseas, nobody cares they were born overseas. So stop acting like a broken, pathetic, record.

grecian

Nobody cares that Trott, Strauss, Prior and Pietersen were born in South Africa, we care about the fact it's brought up again and again by dunderheaded people like you.

Everybody knows they were born overseas, nobody cares they were born overseas. So stop acting like a broken, pathetic, record.
Great post for a cornishman.

Anyway enjoying Socials churlishness, clearly reckons England have a great chance in the Ashes, so is getting his excuses in early. It's all those nasty saffys, boo-hoo.:laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of your favourite "Australian" players was born in Birmingham IIRC
Yeah but how long did he live in England for? About 18 months iirc.

Look I don't really care about the amount of immigrants that play for England (unless they were gun Aussies), but bringing up Symonds as a Pom is even more ridiculous than bringing up Strauss and Prior as Yarps.

fredfertang

He certainly said he hadn't in his autobiography, which was published in 2006 - claimed not to be interested either - not sure I take that comment at face value though

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Gonna be a tedious process if there are still those who think it's the height of comedy / satire / analysis to flog the "lolz England have got some Saffer born players" horse during the next couple of months

Clarrie Grummutt says hi btw

PhoenixFire

International Coach

:notworthy

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but how long did he live in England for? About 18 months iirc.

Look I don't really care about the amount of immigrants that play for England (unless they were gun Aussies), but bringing up Symonds as a Pom is even more ridiculous than bringing up Strauss and Prior as Yarps.
He brought up Strauss. Hence me bringing up Symonds.

Burgey

Gonna be a tedious process if there are still those who think it's the height of comedy / satire / analysis to flog the "lolz England have got some Saffer born players" horse during the next couple of months

Clarrie Grummutt says hi btw
No mention of "convicts" or "crims" this post? :ph34r:

Jarquis

Oh, I'm sorry. Strauss obviously learnt so much between the age of 18 months - 4 years. Stfu jackass.

flibbertyjibber

Wasn't Strauss just out of nappies and Prior was about 10 ? That trustworthy site Wiki says Prior was 11 and Strauss was 6.

Even Saffers don't really claim them as they know they have picked Zimbabweans on the same rule.

Last edited: