• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stars of the games

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sun Yang should definitely get more attention than he does as he won gold in 400m, silver in 200m and is an unbackable favourite in the 1500m - phenomenal achievement if he wins the latter

Jacknife

International Captain
Bradley Wiggins - To destroy the field as easily as that is some effort.

That NZ rowing pair look amazing, could be the stand out performance of the games if they win as easily in the final.
Even more amazing when you consider he's just come back from bossing the Tour de France.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sun Yang should definitely get more attention than he does as he won gold in 400m, silver in 200m and is an unbackable favourite in the 1500m - phenomenal achievement if he wins the latter
Yeah, but Chinese swimming an' all...y'know...

MrPrez

International Debutant
I have a bias, but Chad Le Clos is possibly the most popular person in South Africa atm. His performance to win his gold medal was awesome, but his sheer emotion on the podium was probably the highlight of the Olympics so far for me.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I have a bias, but Chad Le Clos is possibly the most popular person in South Africa atm. His performance to win his gold medal was awesome, but his sheer emotion on the podium was probably the highlight of the Olympics so far for me.
His dad's more of a star than he is.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Phelps, worth a mention not as a star of this Games but of all Olympics. Unbelievable.

Eds

International Debutant
Michael Phelps has the most Olympic Golds ever, with 18.

In second is Larisa Latynina, with 9.

Bradman-esque.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Phelps has been colossal.
Absolutely. I'm almost glad he got a couple of minor medals this time because it shows he is human, after all. He's been so great and so dominant it's too easy to take him for granted, but the effort, the will and the training that must go in is, I'm sure, staggering.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:D
Really chuffed with that.

The fact that Australia are still fourth despite falling short of expectations so far just shows how insanely strong they usually are in the Olympics.