• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That implies it was deliberate which it clearly wasn't.

Robben was easily the best player on the pitch today because unlike everyone from Spain he actually had the balls to run at people and not get to the edge of the box and turn around and make the trek home again.
Agree to an extent but he did miss a great chance and on the biggest stage he's ever played on, didnt dive when he had Puyol dead to rights

Anyway, he's a grubby, dirty, diving, whinging **** so **** him

R_D

International Debutant
****ing annoys me that Craig ****ing Foster was still praising the Spanish team... When they have been playing like pansies...scared to commit players forward.. No it was not beautiful football... don't remember them playing it in this tournament... They won 1-0 last four matches in a row.
Seriously can't beleive I stayed up for this ****...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
No doubt plenty of criticism of Howard Webb. He had an indifferent Premier League season and made mistakes tonight. The biggest mistake he made was going beyond the call of duty in an attempt not to ruin the game as a spectacle - certainly not something the Dutch could be accused of. This was a throw back to the appalling South American club sides of the 60's who regularly kicked lumps out of the European Cup Winners in the annual World Club Championship match.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No doubt plenty of criticism of Howard Webb. He had an indifferent Premier League season and made mistakes tonight. The biggest mistake he made was going beyond the call of duty in an attempt not to ruin the game as a spectacle - certainly not something the Dutch could be accused of. This was a throw back to the appalling South American club sides of the 60's who regularly kicked lumps out of the European Cup Winners in the annual World Club Championship match.
Ironically, his ineptness helped ruin it.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Webb is so ****ing dumb, I'm beginning to suspect he's the man behind Bruce_Campbell. Kills me how football referees devoid of any ability and judgement can officiate for the WC finals.

Steulen

International Regular
For once find myself agreeing with Alan Hansen: the Dutch play in the first 45 minutes was an utter disgrace. I'm still disappointed they lost though.

And to the ****ing Merkans whining about how this can be the most popular sport in the world go **** yourself with your silly watching-the-grass-grow run a lap if you hit a ball base*****, ice ****ey and bloody basket*****. Horrible to watch even if it's the greatest game in the sport's history.

There, pointless rant off my chest, World Cup done and dusted.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
For once find myself agreeing with Alan Hansen: the Dutch play in the first 45 minutes was an utter disgrace. I'm still disappointed they lost though.

And to the ****ing Merkans whining about how this can be the most popular sport in the world go **** yourself with your silly watching-the-grass-grow run a lap if you hit a ball base*****, ice ****ey and bloody basket*****. Horrible to watch even if it's the greatest game in the sport's history.

There, pointless rant off my chest, World Cup done and dusted.
Small point, but Ice-Hockey is so much better than football it's not even funny.

social

Totally agree

In a normal game, at least 2 would've been marched by half-time and several others before the end

Reckon he was just about the only "honourable" guy on the pitch for the most part

Matteh

Ice Hockey is the one North American sport that's actually alright....probably because it's not American.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree to an extent but he did miss a great chance and on the biggest stage he's ever played on, didnt dive when he had Puyol dead to rights

Anyway, he's a grubby, dirty, diving, whinging **** so **** him
yes 4 years ago at chelsea he was....he hasn't done that since Real Madrid....you should watch some football somtimes before saying such a dumb thing.

oh and blatant miss of offside just before the goal, plus a rubbish goal kick...

**** you Howard Webb

R_D

International Debutant
Well done Spain.

Felt the Dutch should have played more defensively after they were down to 10 men.
I was supporting the Dutch team but by the end of the game I had no sympathy left for them.
I was so glad the match didn't go to penalties tbh... Just glad someone scored and ended it.