• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That'll be Holland.

Spain's version doesn't seem to involve any attacking goal or purpose for nearly all of it.
Holland's version seemed to involve fouling anything in a navy shirt that moved.

They were an absolute disgrace tonight.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame there had to be a winner - 15 overpaid ****s masquerading as sportsmen with only about 10 deserving of the tag from those that took the field

Horrible advert for the game

Teja.

Global Moderator
Puyol should have been sent off for pulling Robben back in the 80s. Clear as daylight, Personally felt the ref was letting the fact that the Dutch were playing rugby interfere with his judgement of fouls by the Spanish players.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Holland's version seemed to involve fouling anything in a navy shirt that moved.

Agreed, disappointing tactic from the Dutch really. I don't really support Spain but I think its fair to say that they're deserving of their victory. On another note, the Netherlands losing ensures that New Zealand were the only unbeaten team in the competition!

grecian

Puyol should have been sent off for pulling Robben back in the 80s. Clear as daylight, Personally felt the ref was letting the fact that the Dutch were playing rugby interfere with his judgement of fouls by the Spanish players.
Well, shouldn't really of mattered as two dutch players should of been sent off by then, and Spain would of cruised. Terrible officiating, except the linesmen of course. Ironic the Dutch fans booing Webb though, without hom they'd of been murdered.

Roll on real football:)

Matteh

Bunch of diving Spanish wimps. Get up instead of falling on the floor. The eventual sending off was pretty much the softest thing, when I'm running and feel a gentle touch on my shoulder I don't fall forwards flailing my arms.

That's a far worse aspect of the game than hard tackling. Harden the **** up.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Pretty much agree with Matteh.

Iniesta is an absolute disgrace, his diving was absolutely shocking. The tackling was bad, but the players just need to toughen up and just get on with it rather than going down so easily.

social

Last team to beat the Dutch were the Socceroos in 2008

Cant believe that they think rugby tactics still work after that drubbing

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bunch of diving Spanish wimps. Get up instead of falling on the floor. The eventual sending off was pretty much the softest thing, when I'm running and feel a gentle touch on my shoulder I don't fall forwards flailing my arms.

de Jong's foul wasn't hard tackling or anything like it; it was an assault.

&, TBH, any team with Robben in it is going to struggle to take the moral highground when it comes to diving.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

de Jong's assault was far worse than any "diving" by the Spaniards.

R_D

International Debutant
So much for the beautiful football of Spanish team.... They have been **** whole of the tournament.....
As for Dutch team... would have been a bigger disgrace if they had won.
Van Bommel such a dirty ****.... He should be sent off soon as he steps on the pitch.

Teja.

Global Moderator
My hatred and flaming might appear to be irrational and biased atm, I blame it on the moment.

Matteh

That implies it was deliberate which it clearly wasn't.

Robben was easily the best player on the pitch today because unlike everyone from Spain he actually had the balls to run at people and not get to the edge of the box and turn around and make the trek home again.

Jarquis

Stekelenburg
Lahm - Lucio - Mertesacker - v.Bronckhorst
Muller - Schweinsteiger - Sneijder - Ozil
Villa - Forlan

Guaranteed to have forgotten a load.