Brian Lara Cricket 99
Brian Lara Cricket by Codemasters is based upon the hugely succesful Brian Lara MegaDrive games. The Australian/NZ release is called Shane Warne Cricket ’99. This later version of Brian Lara Cricket should not be confused with the much older Brian Lara Cricket by Audiogenic which was a special budget release of Graham Gooch World Class Cricket that was only available from the Game stores in the UK.
- Quick match; a quick friendly one-dayer where all options are set up by the computer.
- Friendly; a quick friendly one-dayer that can be played by any two of the nine Test playing nations, with all the options player chosen.
- World cup; the Cricket World Cup tournament, where players go through a series of stages in order to win the cup.
- World series; this mode allows a tournament of up to five teams, including Australia, who are always the host nation. After a series of matches, the team with the most victories wins the tournament.
- Knockout tournament; the knockout tournament involves eight teams, and, like other modes in the game, the tournament progresses through a series of knockout stages until a winner is declared.
- Test series; this mode allows a one-to-six game Test series between any two teams.
- Test season; in this mode, the player controls a team for one to seven years of test cricket. The leaders are recorded on a leader’s board.
- Classic match; a series of classic matches throughout history, where the player must complete one to compete in the next match. As the series of matches goes on, difficulty increases.
- Practice in the nets is also accessible, with the player being able to alternate bowlers and batsmen during practice.
- 156724 times