• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Team from the Group Stage

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ya'll just love new ball swing. Southee is a much better bowler in his second and third spell. I also think Boult would be less effective without Southee at the other end. Boult has definitely been better with the new ball though. probably best in the tournament.
This is all true, but if we're talking about the best throughout the WC so far, Boult is still ahead of Southee.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Ya'll just love new ball swing. Southee is a much better bowler in his second and third spell. I also think Boult would be less effective without Southee at the other end. Boult has definitely been better with the new ball though. probably best in the tournament.
Boult would still be a good bowler without Southee he's class. It doesn't matter how good Southee can or could be. This world cup he started with a hiss and a roar and now he looks like he's trying to bowl the magic ball every ball and it hasn't been working for him, he's been average lately. Boult has been killing it.

Hopefully Southee can get back to his best. He doesn't seem to like averaging below 30, Boults average and economy is miles better atm.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Dhawan
Dilshan
BMac(C)
Sanga
De Villiers
Mahmudullah
Maxwell
Ashwin
Vettori
Starc
Southee
Boult

Bench : Amla,B.Taylor,Mathews,Shami,Morkel

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhawan
McCullum*
Sangakkara+
Taylor
de Villiers
Maxwell (6)
Anderson (5, D)
Vettori (4)
Starc (1, D)
Shami (3)
Boult (2)

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Agree that Southee appears to be trying too hard. Boult's just landing everything on the nail and letting movement do the rest.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You guys are mad to be thinking Southee's bowled poorly.

I'm a big Shami fan and would take him over Morkel, but Southee is the second picked bowler on the list after Starc. Boult third.

halba

International 12th Man
best group stage team is new zealand followed by india
both have been pretty clinical in every game

3rd best is australia.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Shami 15 wickets @ 12.6 in 5, zero non-productive games, rose to the occasion against both big sides.

I'm sure he's mad he won't even make NZ's bowling attack though. :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shami 15 wickets @ 12.6 in 5, zero non-productive games, rose to the occasion against both big sides.

I'm sure he's mad he won't even make NZ's bowling attack though. :ph34r:
He'd possibly be more valuable than Milne.

Possibly.

Would still bowl Anderson at the death though.

/please apply burn lotion

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sort of depressing that I thought that would be 100% accurate pre-WC immediately after I hit post though I was being semi-snarky. :(

No way he'd get a gig ahead of Henry and Mills if he was actually up for selection and Henry didn't even make it.

Kid is just killing it though and we'll take it.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I really like Shami as a bowler. Thought he was unlucky in the Test series in NZ.
it reminded me a lot of early hilfenhaus and southee tbh i.e. not quite full enough or consistently bowling his areas, so the ball beats the bat and looks good but never takes the edge.

it's the usual indian story. he came onto the scene swinging it both ways at respectable pace and destroying sides and now the non-threatening no movement medium pace factory is threatening him.

Antihippy

International Debutant
My stand our performers of the group games thus far:
Sanga
Dilshan
B Taylor
AB
Maxwell
Boult
Starc
Vettori
Morkel
Southee
Davey
Why do you need 6 mainline bowlers?

Not to mention that you already have a very capable bowling all-rounder in AB de villiers.

anil1405

International Captain
1) Dilshan
2) Dhawan
3) Sangakkara
4) B Taylor
5) AB
6) Anderson
7) Maxwell
8) Vettori
9) Starc
10) Shami
11) Boult

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If you think Southee > Shami in this WC you are smoking some good ****.
Mate I only smoke the good **** but there's no cricketer in the world who has watched both of them bowl and pick Shami.

Unless you're talking purely for 3rd seamer reasons - in which case you're still wrong but the point is somewhat close to being justified.