• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - New Zealand v Scotland

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 6th Match of the World Cup between New Zealand and Scotland.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mills and Mitch to come in for Boult and Southee. NMCullum to come in for Vettori, who will rest up for England.

Milne to stay in to hopefully get a confidence-boosting bag.

Mike5181

International Captain
Depends what XI we want to play against England. Personally I'd be aiming for the same starting XI that played Sri Lanka. To do that I'd rest our most injury-prone players (Anderson, Vettori, and Milne). Latham, N Mac, and Mills in.

Blain

U19 Captain
Guptill to Tonne up is my pick. Or Willimson, or B Mac (they're all in my fantasy side of course), but I reckon Gupy will be the one.

howardj

International Coach
Very bullish about NZ's chances in the wider tournament

The rise and rise of NZ cricket (Test and ODIs) over the last 18 months has been one of the game's best stories

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hoping Scotland can take Ireland's lead, even though I really want NZ to win the cup.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Depends what XI we want to play against England. Personally I'd be aiming for the same starting XI that played Sri Lanka. To do that I'd rest our most injury-prone players (Anderson, Vettori, and Milne). Latham, N Mac, and Mills in.
I'd keep the same batting line up, don't want them to rest too much before a key game vs Eng.

Would rotate the bowlers and rest Southee, Dan and Boult, since I'd play Mitch or Mills instead of Milne vs Eng.

3 news reporter saying Southee, Mills, Mitch and NMac practicing as a unit though.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Would expect something like

Coetzer
MacLeod
Gardiner
Machan
Mommsen
Berrington
Cross
Davey
Haq
Evans
Wardlaw

Taylor and Leask would be very unlucky but sounds like Evans is bowling pretty well at the moment.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
How would you describe Williamson technique? I know he has improved considerably but still not sure what are his main strengths since he's one of those guys that hardly hits 6s.

BeeGee

International Captain
NZ choose to bowl first? Interesting.

NZ unchanged from the first game. Interesting.

Last edited: