• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodster

International Captain
Fair point. Wides are a natural part of the game, you can never expect a side to be totally extras free.

This game obviously could've gone either way, the control switched several times.

The biggest result is that the drama in this group still isn't over.
Yes still two massive games to go, unless Bangladesh lose to SA then the four places are decided.

salman85

International Debutant
Yeah my bad.Bangladesh go through if they beat SA and West Indies lose to India.

Could Group B possibly get crazier?Imagine if Bangladesh beat SA and WI beat India.Even India could be knocked out mathematically.

Woodster

International Captain
The pressure of the situation certainly got to the batsmen at the end, not very clear thinking go on there. Benn looked muddled in this thinking, Roach played a silly shot, Russell very nearly got out in a similarly crazy fashion trying (ultimately succeeding) to hit another six when maybe was an unnecessary risk. It probably shouldn't have been left to those guys in the end.

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah my bad.Bangladesh go through if they beat SA and West Indies lose to India.

Could Group B possibly get crazier?Imagine if Bangladesh beat SA and WI beat India.Even India could be knocked out mathematically.
Bangladesh go through it they beat SA regardless of what happens in the other game.

Challis

U19 12th Man
If Bangladesh beat SA the margin doesn't matter, they're through. WI would then have to beat India to qualify (thus knocking England or India out). Agree that WI qualifying is still highly likely though, Bangladesh winning would be a massive upset.
With SA already through if they rest Tahir, Steyn and De Villiers, which isn't that improbable, then Bangladesh has a chance, but both the batting and bowling of Bangladesh have to turn up, they can't rely on the bowlers digging them out as they have done on the past.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Sarwan and Russell were win, both set, needed 22 from 54 balls? definitely a choke IMO
It's International cricket, it's the World Cup the (arguably) best spinner in the world is bowling it square on a pitch that's a bunsen. Shouldn't be a walkover, and it wasnot. Games need to be won. The pressure is immense, people need to stop throwing the Choke word around, IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
About three times worse than West Indies could muster in my wildest dreams.

The scientific answer.
If West Indies bat first, they need to win by 161 (ish) runs for India's NRR to drop below England.
If India bat first, then West Indies need to chase down the total by the end of the 21st over.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
With SA already through if they rest Tahir, Steyn and De Villiers, which isn't that improbable, then Bangladesh has a chance, but both the batting and bowling of Bangladesh have to turn up, they can't rely on the bowlers digging them out as they have done on the past.
Sure, but you could pick any XI from South Africa's squad and it'll still require a big upset for Bangladesh to beat them. I hope they do it, but it's pretty unlikely.

Challis

U19 12th Man
It just seemed lazy, yeah. Reckon you're right about one side wanting it more, particularly if its true Sarwan batted late due to being in the shower or something.
This is true, WI lacked intensity, it seemed to me that they played like as if they had already qualified, this loss might come back to haunt them. Actually I wouldn't mind if SA play like this against Bangladesh (clutching straws)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It's International cricket, it's the World Cup the (arguably) best spinner in the world is bowling it square on a pitch that's a bunsen. Shouldn't be a walkover, and it wasnot. Games need to be won. The pressure is immense, people need to stop throwing the Choke word around, IMHO.
Indeed. As long as Swann had overs to spare England were always a wicket away from being right back in it. WI basically have three number elevens.