• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Stuart Broad make India's strongest test XI?

Bun

Banned
Played in Bangladesh as well, IIRC.
2 tests in bangladesh, 79 overs and six wickets at a cost of of 46 per wicket

1 test each in SL and Ind, leaked 67 and 95 per scalp.

Jeez I was wrong, this guy would.ve done a Kulkarni instead of Sami had he been a SC player.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
2 tests in bangladesh, 79 overs and six wickets at a cost of of 46 per wicket

1 test each in SL and Ind, leaked 67 and 95 per scalp.

Jeez I was wrong, this guy would.ve done a Kulkarni instead of Sami had he been a SC player.
Alternatively, had he been born in the subcontinent he'd have grown up bowling on dead wickets and would have adjusted his game to be successful.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Alternatively, had he been born in the subcontinent he'd have grown up bowling on dead wickets and would have adjusted his game to be successful.
Not that i fully agree with the point.

But,we are not discussing what he could have been had he been born in India or had he had man parts.

We are discussing whether the Current Version would make it to the Indian side.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
nah most likely would have become a model doing all those countless fairness creams, at best an extra in one of those NRI oriented bolly movies.

He avgs 34 in england which suggest chap's failed to step it up even in his backyard.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ftr, I believe Vinay and Praveen are without any doubt better long form bowlers than Sree and Ishant right now.
Disagree regarding Praveen. I don't think he'd be able to make the step from FC to Test level.

Jacknife

International Captain
nah most likely would have become a model doing all those countless fairness creams, at best an extra in one of those NRI oriented bolly movies.

He avgs 34 in england which suggest chap's failed to step it up even in his backyard.
:unsure:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree regarding Praveen. I don't think he'd be able to make the step from FC to Test level.
I think he can be a real asset in some english conditions,imo.

Even Irfan did pretty well in certain conditions.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he can be a real asset in some english conditions,imo.

Even Irfan did pretty well in certain conditions.
Irfan had a bit more height and pace on his side. I've often heard reports that Praveen is largely unpenetrative with the old ball.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad's the most overrated cricketer to play for England in recent times IMHO. I said at the time of his injury in the recent Ashes that it would actually work to England's advantage, & I believe that was indeed the case (clearing the way for Tremlett & Bresnan).

Having said that, Zak aside, Indian's pace bowlers are about as effective as a cat-flap in an elephant house, so he may well make their line-up, but I'd have him way down the reserve list If I was selecting the best English squad.

BTW, has he ever had a test season averaging less than 30 with the ball? That would surprise me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Broad's injury didn't help us as much as it might seem if you just look at Tremlett and Bresnan's results. We badly missed his control at Perth and that's when Finn started to seem a liability, really.

Bun

Banned
Broad's the most overrated cricketer to play for England in recent times IMHO. I said at the time of his injury in the recent Ashes that it would actually work to England's advantage, & I believe that was indeed the case (clearing the way for Tremlett & Bresnan).

Having said that, Zak aside, Indian's pace bowlers are about as effective as a cat-flap in an elephant house, so he may well make their line-up, but I'd have him way down the reserve list If I was selecting the best English squad.

BTW, has he ever had a test season averaging less than 30 with the ball? That would surprise me.
the cat flap in the elephant' house has had about same success rate as england without anderson, just ftr.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some of Broad's best performances came when Anderson wasn't making it happen, of course.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fun Stuart Broad Fact:

Stuart Broad has more Test centuries at Lord's, the home of cricket, than Sachin Tendulkar

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fun Stuart Broad Fact #2

He has yet to be slapped in the face by Harbhajan Singh for being a complete and utter tool.

Jacknife

International Captain
the cat flap in the elephant' house has had about same success rate as england without anderson, just ftr.
How do you work that out? Jimmy's hardly missed a test, a part from the last test, which if it wasn't for missing a day due to weather, England could have won. Without looking into it since Anderson has become WC, how many Tests has he missed, I can't remember that many.

In fact he's only missed 3 tests in the last 2 years, 2 of which, is when he didn't go to Bang, which England won both of those, so it's 2 wins 1 draw, without Jimmy.
He's actually, only missed 4 Tests in 3 years, which is pretty amazing for a fast bowler, especially when 2 of those, where a rest.

Last edited: